Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Jarre-esque recording - can anybody identify the artist?

Post Posted Tue May 03, 2022 12:16 pm
peer.gynt

Hi everybody,

JMJ's music is part of my life for a long time already, ever since my gran (of all people) had me listen to an East-German release of his albums (https://www.discogs.com/de/release/2297 ... t-Und-Raum) Anyway, at some point in the late 80s I recorded some track on the radio (also East-German back then) which sounded like JMJ to my ears (somewhat similar to some track from his 'Concerts in China'), by I never found it in his discography. Maybe I am just really bad at searching though?? Anyway, by now I assume that its from a different artist.

I want to give it another shot to try to identify it. Already tried a couple of times over the last years - but no luck so far.

So, thus the request: does anybody happen to know the artist of the track available here: http://sndup.net/yhcb ? Well, if not, I hope you enjoy the title anyway - despite the bad recording quality it remains one of my favourites! :-D

Thanks all!
Post Posted Tue May 03, 2022 1:07 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

I can't find a match (or at least: Shazam can't), but it does sound very enjoyable. A bit Equinoxe 3-ish.
Post Posted Tue May 03, 2022 2:20 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

No idea, I'm afraid, sounds nice like a C64 SID tune as well ;)
Post Posted Tue May 03, 2022 4:07 pm
peer.gynt

Dr_Jones wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:07 pm I can't find a match (or at least: Shazam can't), but it does sound very enjoyable. A bit Equinoxe 3-ish.
Thanks for looking around! But indeed - I try the various song matching portals every couple of years - no luck so far, even though they get better over time with other tracks...
Post Posted Tue May 03, 2022 4:07 pm
peer.gynt

Finaero wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 2:20 pm No idea, I'm afraid, sounds nice like a C64 SID tune as well ;)
hehe - yeah maybe it does ;-)
Post Posted Tue May 03, 2022 10:00 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 35

Using a couple of various searching apps, I'm afraid I can't find it either. Sounds quite nice indeed, and am curious myself now what itis!
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Wed May 04, 2022 12:43 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

The singing babies at the end are scaring me.
Post Posted Thu May 05, 2022 7:48 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Dr_Jones wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:43 pm The singing babies at the end are scaring me.
Seconded.

That said, this track also reminds me a bit of Equinoxe 5--- I mean, the Brookside Theme https://soundcloud.com/djdarkstar3/brookside-theme-full

;)

• 2020 Zoolook.nl