Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Ethnicolor/Chrono II/Stardust live 2018-09-06

Post Posted Mon May 02, 2022 9:33 pm
Blatman

Likes given: 46
Likes received  : 25

Jote wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:19 am Since this topic got butchered during the forum crash, I'm reposting the original first post:

In Sept 2018 I did a performance at a private event (audience approx 500 people). I performed Ethnicolor 1 part 4 (2017 Liebana/Masada version), Chronologie II (which I did back in 2014) and Stardust (completed in approx 5 days, that was a crazy sprint!). It was my first performance of this "magnitude" and obviously it was not without problems (I had several audio dropouts, thanks Windows 10 ver 1803...) but overall it was a success. The audience was obviously very diverse and obviously not JMJ fans but they seemed to enjoy it.

Don't mind Ethnicolor, I had less than 48 hours to prepare it (and I almost scrapped it, but it was such a good opening) I improved it in orders of magnitude for my Sept 2019 performance, which I'll upload when I'm done editing it.

Fun facts: 1. I changed Stardust just before the show when Stéphane messaged me "you might want to change the choir sound... here's the patch we used in the original Stardust" :)
2. One of the sound guys apparently worked at JMJ Electronica Tour concert in my hometown (where I met with Stéphane Gervais and JMJ)

Enjoy!

For reference:
- my studio version of Chronologie II:
- Stardust multitrack demo: (I've had people accusing me of "playing JMJ CDs", well, I guess that's the ultimate compliment?)
Nice ! What is the instrument used for the choir ?
Post Posted Thu May 12, 2022 9:10 pm
Jote

Online Now
Likes given: 55
Likes received  : 68

Blatman wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:33 pm
Jote wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:19 am Since this topic got butchered during the forum crash, I'm reposting the original first post:

In Sept 2018 I did a performance at a private event (audience approx 500 people). I performed Ethnicolor 1 part 4 (2017 Liebana/Masada version), Chronologie II (which I did back in 2014) and Stardust (completed in approx 5 days, that was a crazy sprint!). It was my first performance of this "magnitude" and obviously it was not without problems (I had several audio dropouts, thanks Windows 10 ver 1803...) but overall it was a success. The audience was obviously very diverse and obviously not JMJ fans but they seemed to enjoy it.

Don't mind Ethnicolor, I had less than 48 hours to prepare it (and I almost scrapped it, but it was such a good opening) I improved it in orders of magnitude for my Sept 2019 performance, which I'll upload when I'm done editing it.

Fun facts: 1. I changed Stardust just before the show when Stéphane messaged me "you might want to change the choir sound... here's the patch we used in the original Stardust" :)
2. One of the sound guys apparently worked at JMJ Electronica Tour concert in my hometown (where I met with Stéphane Gervais and JMJ)

Enjoy!

For reference:
- my studio version of Chronologie II:
- Stardust multitrack demo: (I've had people accusing me of "playing JMJ CDs", well, I guess that's the ultimate compliment?)
Nice ! What is the instrument used for the choir ?
It was a mix of Mellotron Boys Choir and a Wavestation patch (can't recall which one at the moment and searching the chat history is a pain)

• 2020 Zoolook.nl