Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Is Nord Lead 2X or 4 better for Jarre type sounds ? and....

Post Posted Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:44 am
JPQ

Is Nord Lead 2X or 4 better for Jarre type sounds ? and which one Juno,Prophet 5 and Jupiter type pads ? i ask this becouse i heared 3 sounds very different when compared to 2x. and i dont know how is 4 related this. and how is realted origianl one. please help me.
Post Posted Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:02 pm
Memory Cords

JPQ wrote:Is Nord Lead 2X or 4 better for Jarre type sounds ? and which one Juno,Prophet 5 and Jupiter type pads ? i ask this becouse i heared 3 sounds very different when compared to 2x. and i dont know how is 4 related this. and how is realted origianl one. please help me.
If you are trying to make Jarre type sounds, then the Nord synths are not the best synths for that.

Most of Jarre's 'classic' albums (from 'Oxygen' to 'Rendezvous') were made with true analog synths and analog effects processors and/or the Fairlight CMI sampler. The Nord synths cannot accurately emulate those sounds.

But you could use the Nord synths to make sounds similar to 'Teo and Tea', 'Oxygene 7 - 13' and 'Metamorphoses' - those albums used some virtual analog sounds. The Nord synths are virtual analog synths. Actually Jarre used a Nord Lead for some of the sounds on the 'Oxygene 7-13' album.
Post Posted Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:42 pm
keran

Likes received  : 1

Memory Cords wrote:
If you are trying to make Jarre type sounds, then the Nord synths are not the best synths for that.

So, what kind of synths are the best for that?
Post Posted Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:20 am
Memory Cords

keran wrote:
Memory Cords wrote:If you are trying to make Jarre type sounds, then the Nord synths are not the best synths for that.
So, what kind of synths are the best for that?
There are some really good modern analog VCO synths such as the Vermona Perfourmer MKII, Studio Electronics Boomstar, TomOberheim.com SEM Pro... Of course you will need a controller keyboard for these synths (you could use a Nord Lead as a controller keyboard).

Plus Strymon effects processors such as the Strymon Mobius (for chorus/flanging/phasing), the Strymon Timeline (for delays) and the Strymon Big Sky (for reverbs).

I love the interface of the Nord Leads and they are great synths for background pads but you can't really replicate the sounds of Jarre's leads, basslines and effects with the Nord Leads. Though like I said above, you can get similar sounds to 'Oxygene 7-13', 'Metamorphoses' and 'Teo and Tea' from the Nord Leads.
Post Posted Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:22 pm
Beelooo

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 4

Memory Cords wrote:
JPQ wrote:Is Nord Lead 2X or 4 better for Jarre type sounds ? and which one Juno,Prophet 5 and Jupiter type pads ? i ask this becouse i heared 3 sounds very different when compared to 2x. and i dont know how is 4 related this. and how is realted origianl one. please help me.

Most of Jarre's 'classic' albums (from 'Oxygen' to 'Rendezvous') were made with true analog synths and analog effects processors and/or the Fairlight CMI sampler. The Nord synths cannot accurately emulate those sounds.
Nordlead is in fact virtual analog, that's true.

I know a guy in this forum, who can say th contrary...

Let's listen to the Matt222's Nord's Equinoxe 5 Cover
Post Posted Fri May 02, 2014 10:08 am
Polarity

indeed JMJ used Nord Lead 1 on Oxygene 7-13 tour.
I remember at the concert I attended (Milan, 1997) a break when JMJ talked about virtual anoalogs and showed to all us on the Nord Lead: for sure the main melody sound of Oxygene 4 (at least I'm sure to remember that one)
and perhaps some Eminent type of sounds of Oxygene 7-13 tracks.
Could be Oxygene 7 sound (that he performed with the laser harp) at the beginning of the concert.
Not sure now if he had a real Eminent for the string parts (as in Oxygene 13).
Could be he used Nord Lead 1 also for some bass sound during the concert.
Need to watch a video of those concert to be sure.

During recently years he brought a Supernova 2 to play on the stage.
Anyway also an Access Virus B is an excellent synth for reproduncing JMJ's sounds...
just take a listen to Per Kristian's covers (they are amazing close to the originals).

(I have both synths indeed now ;)
Post Posted Sat May 10, 2014 10:51 am
radek tymecki

can someone remember what was the patch name from nord 1 used on oxygene 11 sequence?
Post Posted Fri May 20, 2022 2:53 pm
Blatman

Likes given: 46
Likes received  : 25

radek tymecki wrote: Sat May 10, 2014 10:51 am can someone remember what was the patch name from nord 1 used on oxygene 11 sequence?
I am also looking to mimic the Oxygene 11 sequence. Unfortunately I don't have good results with the Discovery Pro, do you have tips or patch for this sound ?

• 2020 Zoolook.nl