Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

[ POLL ] Have you gotten corona yet?

Have you had corona yet?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 6
Post Posted Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:01 am
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 193
Likes received  : 402

Just tested positive for the first time myself. Feeling a bit "cloudy" in my head, and it's like I'm having a cold, but otherwise I'm doing quite alright. My girlfriend has heavy fevers though :-/ We'll be alright, I guess. She's quite stable and I'm not feeling awful.
Post Posted Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:05 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 310

Dr_Jones wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:01 am Just tested positive for the first time myself. Feeling a bit "cloudy" in my head, and it's like I'm having a cold, but otherwise I'm doing quite alright. My girlfriend has heavy fevers though :-/ We'll be alright, I guess. She's quite stable and I'm not feeling awful.
So far as I know I have not had it. Hope you and girlfriend will recover 100%.
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:41 pm
Dr_Jones

Thanks! Well, right now it's a flu with a fever. Not something I haven't had before.
Post Posted Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:20 pm
Jote

Likes given: 55
Likes received  : 68

I had something some 30 days ago. Not sure if it was COVID. I had a 38.5 fever one evening and a rather unpleasant headache. It was almost all gone the following morning (37-37.5). I didn't take a test, I basically saw no reason to do it - I was vacationing in Sofia and Bulgaria has the lowest vaccination rate in EU anyway (just 30% completed the original 2-dose-cycle), so clearly they don't care, why should I? However, when I went for a walk I kept smelling a very odd, unpleasant smell that I haven't experienced before. It wasn't constant it would come and go. I started analyzing my surroundings and turned out it was... cigarette smoke. It had changed compared to what I was familiar with. And I became hypersensitive to it. Like I would smell it from across the street. I was coming back to the hotel, it was pretty late and the streets were empty, and yet I felt it out of a sudden. I looked around - no soul in sight. I looked down - it was... and old cigarette butt. I was really starting to panic, as I heard numerous stories about people losing their sense of smell/taste or having them very much altered after COVID. I had no idea whether this was going to last a day, a month or simply forever. Luckily it all went back to normal after a couple of days. And it was really odd, as AFAIK the newer variants don't f**k with smell/taste senses (the old ones in 2020 used to do that though)
Post Posted Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:47 pm
Dr_Jones

Ugh, sounds nasty. The fever sounds familiar, I'm currently feverish. I do have taste myself, my girlfriend too. The smell-problems are crazy! Good to hear that went away.
Post Posted Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:08 am
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Damn! Hopefully you'll get through it with least damage..
Post Posted Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:29 am
Dr_Jones

Thanks! Only time will tell, but I'm feeling pretty good right now. Coughing and a sore throat is all I have now. I've had worse.
Post Posted Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:38 pm
Velodynamic

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

Hopefully your normal sense of smell will remain after you get well.
I had my corona already in April 2021. It was one week with fever, sore throat, strange smell and the sound of jet engine inside my head plus one week with muscel pain. After those 2 weeks I was quickly back to normal shape. After that I've had two shots with vaccine and never felt as healthy, not even a cold.
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:56 am
Dr_Jones

I'm doing pretty fine at the moment. I still have a cough, but that's decreasing too. Last week, I lost the smell and taste of nutmeg, but that got back on monday.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl