Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New order

Post Posted Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:37 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_Complete

Current favorites: Plastic and Stray Dog.

( Also, kind of embarrassing to read my summation of "Blue Monday" from 10 years ago, at the time that was more or less the only New Order song I had heard :oops: A great song, no doubt, but Touched By The Hand of God remains my favorite ;) )
Post Posted Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:02 pm
ChoccyUK

Finaero wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_Complete

Current favorites: Plastic and Stray Dog.
A bit late coming to this post, but I agree Plastic is quite Jarresque :)
Post Posted Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:39 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

Blue Monday as if it was played in the 1930s
Post Posted Mon May 30, 2016 6:51 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Complete Music - featuring the extended versions of every track from Music Complete - has been released recently. Listened to them on Spotify, they're not exactly that special but I think they're worth buying.

Especially if you haven't bought the Music Complete album before, because Complete Music features both extended and standard versions.

In my current view, the tracks from Plastic to Academic are the greatest ones on the album, the others are very good as well. ;)
Post Posted Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:28 pm
ChoccyUK

New Order rocked my world this weekend at Glastonbury :D

You can see their fullset on catch up TV if you have access to BBC iplayer in UK
Post Posted Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:57 pm
Richard-Eastham

Likes given: 160
Likes received  : 44

Forty years of New Order’s Blue Monday: who inspired it and who it inspired

The Mancunians spliced Donna Summer with Ennio Morricone to make a futurist dance smash – and ended up influencing Rihanna, Pet Shop Boys and Detroit techno

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/ ... spirations
--
01.09.93 Manchester / 07.06.97 Manchester / 30.03.08 London / 22.05.09 London / 10.10.10 London / 01.07.11 Monaco / 04.05.16 London / 23.07.16 Macclesfield / 06.10.16 Brighton / 07.10.16 London.
Post Posted Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:00 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

So, one of the best songs ever is now 40 years old.. Thanks for the link to this article, I love this read. I knew about the tracks that inspired the song and especially Klein & MBO's Dirty Talk is highly recommended.

I see Pet Shop Boys have been mentioned here and a track which they say is inspired by Blue Monday - In The Night. But this track is more Bobby O (also mentioned in that article) than New Order. Compare it to The Flirts' Passion and you see where the inspiration came from. PSB do have more obvious New Order tracks - Too Many People and Minimal.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl