Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Do you like Daft Punk ?

Post Posted Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:18 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 34

Richard-Eastham wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:26 pm
shadow wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:38 pm Daft Punk's latest album, Random Access Memories, has been reissued today in a drumless version. The entire, exactly as it's always been, but without the drums. And it's absolutely an insane experience. Hearing Giorgio by Moroder, a song known for it's absolutely bonkers amazing drum work, without the drums is a life changing experience 🤣
Why has it been reissued in this format? Did Daft Punk agree? What's the point?!
Yeah they've given the greenlight for it, otherwise it wouldn't have been released. As to why? Lord knows, it's an amazing album and the drums play a large part in it.
But honestly, I can't deny that it's not an interesting listen. Some tracks are honestly amazing without the drums, while others such as Giorgio by Moroder are outright bizarre.
It does make me really appreciate the mix on the main album though, what an absolute master class on all fronts!
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:33 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 183
Likes received  : 50

Random Access Memories, and Giorgio by Moroder in particular, might be the most listened Daft Punk album on my end, so I'll check this out at some point.

Interestingly, not that long ago I started messing around with the "instrument line" AI separation thing on some JMJ tracks and I've found myself listening to the EQ4!Images drum track (sample below) on its own quite a lot. ;)
Attachments
drms.mp3
(380.05 KiB) Downloaded 44 times

• 2020 Zoolook.nl