Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

You know you're a Jean Michel Jarre fanatic if...

Post Posted Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:46 pm
Martman

GeeJee himself has asked me to take this step.

Fellow fans, the Legendary List is back. And maybe we'll crack the 800 points mark this time. (Don't forget the numbers when adding points!)

You know you're a Jean Michel Jarre fanatic if...

Here are some recycled points from me plus a new one.

1. ...you consider Woodstock's 500,000 spectators few.
2. ...you refer to the latest stage shows of the Rollings Stones and U2 as ridiculously small.
3. ...you wonder how Pink Floyd's 1990 performance of The Wall in Berlin stayed in the Guinness Book of Records longer than Paris La Défense.
4. ...your cellular phone rings La Cage, Hymn To Acropolis or the Aero Overture. Even many other fans don't recognize that it's Jarre music.
5. ...your custom-made door bell rings Oxygène 4.
6. ...you spend EUR 300 more each month on your new flat since you need an extra room for your Jarre collection.
7. ...you spend even more money each month on Jarre stuff.
8. ...you try to regain some of the money by transforming the room into a Jarre museum.
9. ...you tried hard to find a girl-friend with as much resemblance to Charlotte Rampling as possible.
10. ...then you tried hard to find a girl-friend with as much resemblance to Isabelle Adjani as possible.
11. ...now you try hard to find a girl-friend with as much resemblance to Anne Parillaud as possible – and eventually get rid of that annoying Adjani look-alike.
12. ...it's impossible to buy unusual Jarre CDs or records in your hometown since it's you who buys them first.
13. ...you bought ten laser pointers and small mirrors and mounted them all onto your balcony to have your own Laser Harp.
14. ...there are only four places you'd visit when you're in Paris: Champ-de-Mars and the Eiffel Tower, Place de la Concorde, La Défense, and where Le Chat Qui Pêche used to be.
15. ...when you're in London, you spend a whole day at the Queen Victoria Docks worrying how they changed since October 1988.
16. ...the only city in the U.S.A. you'd love to see is Houston, TX.
17. ...you sold you car to have both money and space for a complete collection of Russian bootlegs.
18. ...you know that it's no rumour that Jarre sold his vintage instruments because you have bought most of them.
19. ...you can neither afford nor play them, but you don't mind.
20. ...you'd sell your mother-in-law to buy an original La Cage.
21. ...you thought about a bank robbery at least once to gain the money for the day Jarre's former Fairlight CMI or the only original Music For Supermarkets appears at eBay.
22. ...you named your son Jean Michel (without hyphen) and call him Jamie.
23. ...other names you'd give your children are Barnaby, David, Émilie, Djaina, Diva, Gloria (even if it's a boy), London Kid, Tokyo Kid...
24. ...your son spends most of his time at his grandparents' because young Jarre did so.
25. ...your son spends most of his time at his grandparents' because his room in your flat is stuffed with Jarre items.
26. ...your son spends most of his time at his grandparents' because he dislikes Jarre's music (though or because he had a musical clock playing Equinoxe 4).
27. ...you made the organist play Chronologie 8 at your wedding.
28. ...you own at least half a dozen Swatch MusiCalls, one of which you wear everyday.
29. ...you made a speech going "She was a friend, she was young, she was beautiful, she was generous, and she was also a rebel princess..." at your grandmother's funeral - although none of these attributes ever applied to her. And everybody wondered about your French accent.
30. ...your friends won't even drive 150 kilometres from one city to another for a concert of their favourite musician/band, so they wonder why you flew to China for a Jarre show.
31. ...your local radio station refuses to play any of your wishes (when you're German).
32. ...your idea of a perfect organ sound is neither a huge church organ nor a Hammond B-3 with a Leslie rotary cabinet, it's an Eminent 310 Unique with a Smallstone phaser.
33. ...you don't like the sound of the London Symphonic Orchestra because their strings don't sound like an Eminent.
34. ...you own the same Nikon SLR camera as Charlotte Rampling, only because it plays that Souvenir of China sample.
35. ...you're a girl taking singing lessons, and you refuse to sing anything but Chronologie 3.
36. ...you're a girl taking singing lessons, and you refuse to sing anything but Chronologie 3, the end of Equinoxe 4 and the end of London Kid (as C'est La Vie is too modern for your singing teacher).
37. ...you're taking accordion lessons, and you refuse to play anything but Band In The Rain and Chronologie 6.
38. ...you're taking dancing lessons, and you can only dance to Jarre music (rhumba to Oxygène 6 and Magnetic Fields 5, disco-fox to Hey Gagarin and Chronologie 4, samba to Calypso and Magnetic Fields 1, jive to Magnetic Fields 2, waltz to Equinoxe 3...)
39. ...you're disappointed about your saxophone teacher because he couldn't teach you how to play Ron's Piece within four weeks.
40. ...you know the exact date of each and every Oxygène Arena Tour concert, but you don't remember your wife's birthday/your mother's birthday/your wedding anniversary.
41. ...you love to paint your left ear yellow.
42. ...during thunderstorms you look out of the window to see if there's a band in the rain out there.
43. ...you're living in Hamburg in the Jarrestraße (= Jarre Street) just because of the street name.
44. ...you spend your Saturday nights in Hamburg in the La Cage just because of its name.
45. ...you love Greek food, but only in restaurants called Akropolis.
46. ...whenever you see a megaphone, you feel the urge to take it and shout "Revolution". Especially when it's red.
47. ...you hate Rod Stewart for his record-breaking concert in Rio de Janeiro 1994. This record belongs to Jarre!
48. ...you've read all of this list.
49. ...you feel offended by it.

50. ...you don't mind this list having been renamed (it used to be You might be a Jarre fan if...) since you're used to Jarre's song renamings.

Feel free to add! So will I, by the way.
Last edited by Martman on Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From the Gate To The World, this is
(8Σ
Martman.
Post Posted Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:12 pm
BnM

Aha Back for Good (that's 2 band references there :P )

51. If you have a Gold tooth cap in exactly the same place as Jamie does :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Post Posted Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:19 pm
Jon

Likes received  : 1

52: When you keep breaking the beam of a laser spirit level with your hand while trying to put shelves up, making a "ping, ping, ping" sound with your voice.
Post Posted Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:01 pm
Christophe

53. ...you going to a concert from another artist/ group with your iPod and play Jarre's music!

Greetzzz... :wink:
Post Posted Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:28 pm
jarrekid

BRILLIANT!!!!!!
Post Posted Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:08 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Hurray for Martman! :D :D
Post Posted Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:49 pm
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

Ahh I remember a similar thread from the old forum :D
Post Posted Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:46 pm
Jarp2600

Christophe wrote:53. ...you going to a concert from another artist/ group with your iPod and play Jarre's music!

I did it :oops:
When I had to go to a very boring classical concert.
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem"

My soundclick * Myspace

Audio Engineer at Fast Forward Studios
Post Posted Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:14 pm
Christophe

Jarp2600 wrote:
Christophe wrote:53. ...you going to a concert from another artist/ group with your iPod and play Jarre's music!

I did it :oops:
When I had to go to a very boring classical concert.
You realy mean it, Jarp2600? :o :shock: :wink:

Greetzzz...
Post Posted Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:30 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

how Pink Floyd's 1990 performance of The Wall
Wrong.
Post Posted Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:33 pm
Livgivare

54: You are in France and mistakenly buy pots because Jarre mean pot made of mud.
55: You just got married and you fly to Lyon to have a honeymoon just to stay where Jarre was born.
56: You're a girl and you constantly look for a man who looks like Jean Michel Jarre or has got a name similar to his or play the same music.
57: You do not listen to acustic music because it has not got any electric feeling in it.
58: You try to learn French just to know what Tout Est Bleu song is all about and some other Jarre songs.
59: You become a music or French teacher so you can teach other kids about Jarre.
60: Your soon to be in-law family writes engagement poems with Jarre in it and tries to rhyme on his name!

Point 60 happen to me!

Love Leelene
Cool sites look for Livgivare
www.ukcentral.co.uk
www.bookcrossing.com

I am mostly afk due to the fact that I have many exams and alot to read and study to get grades right now!
Post Posted Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:34 am
Antigoon

how Pink Floyd's 1990 performance of The Wall
Pink Floyd ?
Post Posted Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:58 am
BnM

Leelene wrote: 60: Your soon to be in-law family writes engagement poems with Jarre in it and tries to rhyme on his name!
Point 60 happen to me!

Love Leelene
Congrats Image

Glen is a lovely human being Image

61. When you try a piano in a shop you first play Rendevous I.

62. When you try pads on a keyboard in a shop you first play Oxygene I or II or VI, or Equinoxe IV or VII
Post Posted Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:25 am
AMR

63. You play Equinoxe 4 on a subway bench, plucking your fingers in the tissue, and rotate some old lady's umbrella to adjust the filter...

64. The old lady bangs you with the umbrella and you say "Frogs like rain"

65. A police woman asks you what were you doing and you automaticaly say "most homes in europe already have surround sound systems"

66. She says "what?" and you say "wait, I just got an SMS" and you power down your cellphone...

67. (I really wanna get to 69.... so) you put on a charming Jarre look

68. You say "low low(er), sex" and fireworks start exploding everywhere

69. You have sex like a twenty year old, look like a thirty year old and talk like a 50 year old

oh... go back to making music in the couch...!
(Man is this getting surrealistic, just like a good old Jarre tune...)

8)

Kind Regards,
AMR
http://www.alvaromrocha.com
Post Posted Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:39 pm
Jon

70: When on November 5th (Bonfire Night U.K) you cant loose off fireworks without Jarre music playing in the background.

71: You purposely buy 8 laser pens and tape them togther in a fan format

72: You go out a buy a fog machine just for your 8 laser pens which are taped together in a fan format.

73: Your reading/driving/normal specticles have to look like Jarres

74: During a thunder storm, right after a thunder clap, you start whistling Equinoxe 5

75: When your wife/girlfriend/lover leaves you because you keep drapping white sheets down the front of your house

• 2020 Zoolook.nl