Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

a few intriguing Jarre moments and instruments...

Post Posted Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:35 am
Analog-Umph

Likes given: 3
Likes received  : 1

Great stuff man. Sample the organ bass, the Oxygene 5 Solo, and the Oxygene 2 oboe sound. :robertdugenou:

BTW, which format, plain wave files or Kontakt?
Without faith nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible.
Post Posted Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:19 am
Armandox

Analog-Umph wrote:Great stuff man. Sample the organ bass, the Oxygene 5 Solo, and the Oxygene 2 oboe sound. :robertdugenou:

BTW, which format, plain wave files or Kontakt?
Plain WAV...
Post Posted Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:23 am
Equinoxe

Armandox wrote:
Regarding that Oxy8 lead... still pretty convinced (giving all the factors which I hear happening soundwise) it's the Nord 1. But for the Oxygene 7-13 tour he definately used an Akai S2500 sampler. Just take a look at http://www.laserharp.org/html/technology.html

Grtz,

Armandox
A couple of rendering Factors here.

Whether Jarre sourced these Sounds off the Eminent or not,There perfectly easy to replicate on an Analog,(I know I've replicated majority of them on my own Kit)But I also have an Eminent too,and know that those sounds mentioned to have been from the E310 ARE on the Organ tabs,whether Jarre chose to use them direct is another matter,

One thing we know is that the Oxygene 8 lead was played from the Moog Modular during the Tour,so who's to say he never used it on the studio version aswell but then who's to say he never used the Eminent Tabs in the studio either as the Sound source?I believe that the Nord was only really used on Oxygene Part 11 and nothing more,Given Jarres lack of original programming there's certainly no indication in the presets on My mark 1 Nord lead for Timbres used other than O11 only those synth rolling Filter sequences that are the make up of the whole song.,and I most certainly don't think he used the Nord for the 08 Lead.

The same with the Raven,Jarre used two or three sounds maximum and all of them presets,yet we see him play those songs live and never see a Raven present all the time or not at all in some cases?it could be the same with all instruments,the only time we can safely assume which instruments were used for each sound on their true original synths is with this last Series of Concerts,but on the same Token there is additional synths not manufactured at the conception yet Jarre uses them for some sounds(MemoryMoog)so its perfectly feasible to use other synths for a Live replication,doesn't mean he never used those synths at all

You can debate about the attack and nuances in the sounds you hear,but in order to assume those sounds were from a given instrument you also need to know what processing was used on those sounds,because that would change the whole make up ofthe sound to replicate the O8 Lead on the Nord,there would have been external Modulation because the sound we hear has delay on it,which given the Moog Modular was used,it would be more than easy to replicate those Delay tails without Modulation,the Modular can use several same oscillators with delayed Key triggering,but with the Nord you'd need Delay Modulation,so how can you define exactly where the sound was actually sourced???Given the Modular used during the tour,I would say its more of that synth than either the Eminent or the Nord,

We can merely only judge it based on the Instruments we see on the Kit list where each sound was possibly sourced from,and from those of us who own those synths if there are presets we find.

As for the Oxygene 7 Sound used it again is on the tabs,but more than easy to replicate on an analog,Jarre could have even sampled the sound for triggering during the Oxy tour too,whether its possible to replicate on the synthex,whos knows,one things for sure Jarre's not a creature of programming so why spend time replicating a sound when you have direct access to the sound from another source??Most certainly like trying to paint your House through the Letterbox!

• 2020 Zoolook.nl