Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

JarreUK forum will be up tomorrow at the latest

Post Posted Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:57 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

Cousteau wrote:
GeeJee wrote:That's confusing. You could've replied my emails and PMs...
anyway, there's no need to have an attitude when you've asked me for something and then it doesnt get done when you want it to be done.
Well, you could've told me you didn't want to announce it.

Wahey - let's assume it was some miscommunication then :D
Post Posted Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:21 pm
SHARPBLUE

I like this topic... because Tomorrow never comes :D
Ramses niblick the 3rd kerplunk kerplunk whoops there goes my thribble

Visit me at www.mkeen.f9.co.uk
Post Posted Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:41 pm
Cousteau

SHARPBLUE wrote:I like this topic... because Tomorrow never comes :D
ill use a quote from 3D Realms, producers of Duke Nukem and the upcoming games Duke Nukem Forever and Prey:

"it'll be ready when it's ready"

:)

Claus, who runs www.widevision.dk is our web developer guy who's busy setting up the forum, and he's got the CMS structure in place by yesterday, but ive not heard from him today as yet with regards to the update on the forum, so as soon as i know, i'll inform everyone
Post Posted Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:50 pm
Cousteau

GeeJee wrote:
Cousteau wrote:
GeeJee wrote:That's confusing. You could've replied my emails and PMs...
anyway, there's no need to have an attitude when you've asked me for something and then it doesnt get done when you want it to be done.
Well, you could've told me you didn't want to announce it.

Wahey - let's assume it was some miscommunication then :D
if you can give me a banner to use for your forum, i will get it added to the Links page on our website

regards
Post Posted Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:52 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Banners, anyone?

:D
Post Posted Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:30 pm
Nico_Noyau
Assistant Admin & Bootleg Expert

a new email from the mailing list :

hey guys

just wanted to inform everyone of progress with this

basically we're going to be delaying the launch of the new forum by about another week as we are now having full support by Aero Productions on the new forum, so basically we need to make sure everything is in tip-top shape and running smoothly before launching it

also, we're taking on the liberty of it being an independant entity on it's own, linked from Jarre UK (and anywhere else for that matter) with it's own personal domain name

i dont want to reveal any more information on it until launch

with regards to rules etc, we've been informed that JMJ himself does not have a problem with fans creating and releasing cover versions of his music FOR FREE as downloads (for example, like how Frequenz release their material) - however, legality issues come into effect if a fan wishes to release material for commercial purposes (even on apple itunes for example), or wish to play live concerts as licenses have to come into effect for that, so if anyone wishes to release material on a commercial basis, it has to be done through the proper channels such as a license from the record companies aswell as the copyright holders etc. but to reiterate, people like Frequenz are more than welcome to release covers for free with no commmercial value or gain. i guess if you wish to have something in writing on this, contact Aero Productions..

other things like posting images, linking to images and other websites, we dont have an issue with. of course, if someone's going to post links to commercially released material, we have an issue with that, and im sure JMJ and Aero Productions will also have a problem too.... it's a bit of a grey area with regards to audience recordings and recordings from radio and tv broadcasts, but again, so long as no material is sold, then it should not be a problem. we will of course be keeping an eye on things with regards to this, hence why we will be having teams of moderators. more on that at another time.

anyway, i'll keep you posted :o)
--------------------------------------------
Robin Hosgood
http://www.jarreuk.com Jarre UK
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Jean-Michel-Jarre JMJ Yahoo Group List
http://lists.jarrelive.net/mailman/listinfo/jean-michel JMJ Mailing List
http://www.cousteau.org.uk Cousteau Photography
http://www.virtualfestivals.com Writer & Photographer

some interessant things about covers here, can I post it in another section ?
Image Image
My music, webdev, photos, videos : www.nicolaskern.fr
Robert Dugenou

Attended :
Teo&Tea showcase in Cannes [France] - 20/05/2007
Théâtre Marigny, Paris [France] - 15/12/2007
<2010> Marseille [France] - 20/03/2010
Monaco - 01/07/2011
Arènes de Nîmes – 14/07/2016
Post Posted Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:54 pm
littlesister

Looks like Cousteau kept his promise.....:mrgreen:

Taken from Jarreuk.com site -

JARRE UK ANNOUNCEMENT: NEW JARRE UK FORUM

APRIL 6TH: This week, Jean Michel Jarre's Management asked JARRE UK to create a NEW Jean Michel Jarre Forum for Jean Michel Jarre Fans all over the world, after JARRE.NET, the largest Jean Michel Jarre Forum on the Internet (http://jarrenet.mivo.net/forum), closed on March 28th 2006.

The JARRE UK Team is therefore proud to announce that we are currently developing a NEW Jean Michel Jarre Forum for Jean Michel Jarre Fans all over the world, that is supported by Jean Michel Jarre's Management.

The NEW Jean Michel Jarre Forum will be called'SPACE OF FREEDOM', and although administered by the JARRE UK Team, will have its very own domain name, and will be moderated by Jean Michel Jarre Fans from all over Europe, and is scheduled to be launched within the next two weeks.

Further details about the NEW Jean Michel Jarre Forum will be available on JARRE UK soon, but in the meantime, please consider joining 'BLAH BLAH CAFE' (http://geejee.id.uw.edu.pl), a NEW Jean Michel Jarre Forum for 'ZOOLOOK', a forthcoming Jean Michel Jarre Web-Site,or alternately join Francis Rimbert's Official Forum (http://forum.francisrimbert.com).

---------------------------------------------

Original name for the forum, don't you think ?...I wonder how long it took them to think that up.... :roll: :wink:
"I may not be better than other people, but at least I am different.. "
Jean-Jacques ROUSSEAU
Help fight against Human Rights abuses - support Amnesty International
http://www.amnesty.org.uk
Post Posted Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:12 pm
Cousteau

basically, Aero Productions said they want to have fans more freedom over what they can post etc and also for it to be a friendly place to converse with other fans in a jarre community. Dunkie suggested that it be called Space of Freedom, and Aero Productions liked it and agreed, as did JMJ...
Post Posted Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:16 pm
Nico_Noyau
Assistant Admin & Bootleg Expert

Why to create a new forum, because there is already one with a lot of fans :roll:
We have to speak about this one to AeroProd :P
Image Image
My music, webdev, photos, videos : www.nicolaskern.fr
Robert Dugenou

Attended :
Teo&Tea showcase in Cannes [France] - 20/05/2007
Théâtre Marigny, Paris [France] - 15/12/2007
<2010> Marseille [France] - 20/03/2010
Monaco - 01/07/2011
Arènes de Nîmes – 14/07/2016
Post Posted Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:29 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Well, I do agree here that it's a bit pointless, I do like the initiative, but why create a new one if it's continued right here?

From another point of view, I don't mind another forum, not at all, but not as a continuation of Jarrenet's... :)
Post Posted Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:59 am
AnDrOiD

I like the Blah Blah Cafe name, very cunning. Even more so than Space Of Freedom! ;) :) But shouldn't it include the spaces in the name? Did it need a permission from Jarre?
Post Posted Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:19 am
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Is BlahBlahCafe a copyrighted word? :shock:

Don't push it Android :D
Post Posted Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:24 am
AnDrOiD

Well, I don't know the law regarding forums dedicated to artists. :P

And what about the spaces? BlahBlahCafe need a stretch! :P
Post Posted Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:25 am
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Nah, the one word thing is fine with me. :)
Post Posted Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:33 am
AnDrOiD

OkieDokieGeeJee. :P

• 2020 Zoolook.nl