Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Kurzweil K2000

Post Posted Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:12 pm
Jon

Likes received  : 1

Ta very much :mrgreen:

Some of the sounds on the K2 are fantastic. The 8mg sampling does justice to a lot of them. A lot of the sounds are of your typical 90s synth (and 80s digital for that matter). Some nice analog voices though amoungst them.
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:44 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

Congats Jon. That's a good bargain. Have fun with it. 8) :mrgreen:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:24 pm
Jon

Thanks Mrs K :D

I will have to strip the K2 down and give it a good clean, inside/out, as a lot of the buttons are tending to stick.
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:45 pm
Mr Pitch

Congrats Jon !!

The Kurzweil K2000 is a very expressive and powerful synth. It has a real "analog" capacity due to the VAST synthesis and mixed with the expansion ROM's or sampling option, it becomes quickly the main keyboard of a home studio.

I own a K2000 V2 with 3.18J OS, orchestral & contemporary ROMs, SCSI CD drive and maxi RAm expansion. It is very impressive to see how this instrument can replace many stuff on my equipment. The next step will to install a hard drive into the keyboard to store more patches.

I hope you enjoy this wonderful synth for years, as Kanta said, it is a good bargain :bravo:
it is not the music which is electronic, but the instruments
Post Posted Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:22 pm
Jon

Thanks Mr P

Couple of questions for you, being as your a K2 owner aswell. Could you point me in the right direction for good samples for the K2. Also, the floppy drive, does that take standard 3.5 floppys?. Are floppys with samples on still available other than eBay?. Also, the floppy, there is a faint humming coming from it. Is that normal?. Sorry for the questions.

Post Posted Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:27 pm
AnDrOiD

I was about to buy a K2000 in the 90's, but refrained from doing so, cos of lack of mulitimbral wet/dry mix, as far as I remember. :pwned: :robertdugenou:

Oh, but congrats! :mrgreen:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:56 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

AnDrOiD wrote:mulitimbral wet/dry mix
whaat? :pwned:
:mrgreen:
Post Posted Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:12 pm
Jon

There are 2 presets I recognise from Jarre's 'Fishing Junks' that he performed at Hong Kong - 85: Cee Tuar- & 145: Katolin

Post Posted Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:30 pm
Mr Pitch

Jon wrote:
1)Could you point me in the right direction for good samples for the K2.

2)Also, the floppy drive, does that take standard 3.5 floppys?.

3)Are floppys with samples on still available other than eBay?.

4)Also, the floppy, there is a faint humming coming from it. Is that normal?
1) Let me the week end for checking, I have a very good solution for use samples with the K2 ...

2) It takes standard 3.5 floppys no problem, please make sure to format to FAT32 under Windows before if you want to use them on both support (computer & K2K)

3) I do not know ... yet, but I can share some sounds with you if you want (synthscapes collection, etc ...)

4) Not normal to me, floppys are always a little noisy but I do not known if your is too many. In any case, does the sounds you are loading from are distorded or not ? if I can afford an advice, always leave one diskette in the reader, it is better for a longer life for him (store of dust enter others) ...

See you on monday :D

Mr Pitch
it is not the music which is electronic, but the instruments
Post Posted Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:08 pm
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

Jon wrote:There are 2 presets I recognise from Jarre's 'Fishing Junks' that he performed at Hong Kong - 85: Cee Tuar- & 145: Katolin
Demo demo demo demo :P I have no idea which sounds you are talking about :wink:
Post Posted Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:24 pm
Jon

Jakob BC wrote:
Jon wrote:There are 2 presets I recognise from Jarre's 'Fishing Junks' that he performed at Hong Kong - 85: Cee Tuar- & 145: Katolin
Demo demo demo demo :P I have no idea which sounds you are talking about :wink:
FJASS - Part 2 - Cee Tuar - 3:12
FJASS -Part 3 - Kotolin - 0:14

Post Posted Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:37 pm
AnDrOiD

GeeJee wrote:
I'm talking about having different effects, or even same one with wet or dry, on each separate multitimbral channel. :P
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:03 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

AnDrOiD wrote:
GeeJee wrote:
I'm talking about having different effects, or even same one with wet or dry, on each separate multitimbral channel. :P
whaat? :punch:
:mrgreen:
Post Posted Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:30 am
AnDrOiD

:p:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

Post Posted Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:37 am
Jon

After listening to the Yello album 'Zebra' this morning, sounds like they used the K2 a lot.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl