Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

'JEAN MICHEL JARRE: OXYGENE 3D' CD & DVD BOX SET

Post Posted Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:06 am
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

Jarp2600 wrote:
Jakob BC wrote:
johanfrc wrote:Personally I jsut love the "concert" version of Oxygene (don't care if it's the 2D or 3D). The way the music has been recorded is fantastic and to see know that it's ALL live. There are some minor problems during the video recording. F.x. Rimbert standing in front of the huge one putting wires into it and then there is a clip, and then he's standing in front of a keyboard. But that's a minor thing for me. I like the music and that's the most important.

Will get the 2D version today (I hope)
Yes I noticed that aswell. I think they have played with the recordings as with the Jarre In China DVD, but it doesn't really bother me.
They used quite a few of the original recordings for this "new" mix :P
I was actially talking about the live DVD :wink: But what I meant was that they has edited the video, so the picture and sound doesn't match all the time.
Post Posted Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:41 pm
Dunkie

'JEAN MICHEL JARRE: OXYGENE 3D' CD & DVD BOX SET

Jean Michel Jarre's Management confirmed to JARRE UK today, that Jean Michel Jarre is planning to release 'OXYGENE 3D', a NEW 30th Anniversary CD & DVD Box Set, featuring a NEW 'LIVE' performance of Jean Michel Jarre's Classic 'OXYGENE' Album, on November 26th 2007.

'OXYGENE 3D' will feature Jean Michel Jarre's Private 'LIVE' performance of 'OXYGENE' Parts I-VI at Alfacam's Studios (www.alfacam.com), in Lint, Belgium, accompanied by Francis Rimbert, Claude Samard & Dominique Perrier, recorded in 3-D High-Definition with Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound on September 19th 2007, presented on both Super CD and 3-D DVD Formats.

Jean Michel Jarre's Management have also confirmed that Jean Michel Jarre's 'OXYGENE 3D' Box Set will also include 2 Pairs of 3-D Glasses, and will be Jean Michel Jarre's first release with the EMI Music France Label, since his departure from the Warner Music France Label in August 2007.
Post Posted Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:52 pm
Dunkie

Dunkie wrote:.... and will be Jean Michel Jarre's first release with the EMI Music France Label, since his departure from the Warner Music France Label in August 2007.
:shock: ... did I miss something :?: :roll: .... is Jean Michel no longer with Warner :?:
Post Posted Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:57 pm
Jakob BC

Thanks a lot for the news Dunkie :D
Post Posted Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:03 pm
Robi

Has he left Warner... :?:

The point:

New DVD !!! :D

Thanks!
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:15 pm
Antigoon

Am I the only one that sees a patern?

After many years with Polydor international he changed to sony,... the first release was something commercial, oxygene 7-13 to be exact... Then we had meta that was a commercial flop because the record company didn't market it and then he got dumped by them..

So off to Warner and release a best of called Aero (name it what you want, but it's nothing more then a fancy best of release) Also aimed at commercial succes... After that we saw something new that didn't get promoted (TnT) and he got dumped by his label... again..

Now we see a new record company and guess what, they're milking the oxygene cow again with this... So my guess is that the next album will be as brilliant as TnT and Meta, but it won't get promoted and thus will flop and he'll get dumped again...

Maybe JMJ should consider going with a smaller independent label and just do whatever the hell he wants so we won't get another commercially aimed item again just to sell out.

Now don't gt me wrong, I think I might like this live DVD but not so sure about the motivations to make it...

Why doesn't he do a club tour promoting Equinoxe (1-8, god forbid) instead eh? It's a much better album IMO ;-)
Post Posted Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:19 pm
jeanbatman

Likes given: 10
Likes received  : 15

Great news ! Title is excellent.
I Hope we'll see Jarre and his side-men aswell.

:arrow: EMI stands for Electric Music Industries. That's a great shortcut to Jarre's music.
Post Posted Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:26 pm
Firecobra22

Well I hope he fairs better at EMI France. We all now that Warner hasnt' been the most friendly of labels.
We shall defend this land!
Post Posted Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:30 pm
Jakob BC

Hopefully EMI knows better how to handle artists like JMJ, Warner has a too wide targetgroup.
Post Posted Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Jarp2600

Hmm, strange that he left, not? :P
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem"

My soundclick * Myspace

Audio Engineer at Fast Forward Studios
Post Posted Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:59 pm
Christophe

Thanks a lot for this news, Dunkie! :D 8) :wink:

Greetzzz...
Post Posted Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:01 pm
Firecobra22

I must say i'm very very excited. It's something spacy to now that we can watch Oxygene in 3D. He should do the same with Equinoxe but that's still up to JMJ. And he should do it with one of his huge concerts. But I can't wait till the DVD come's out.
We shall defend this land!
Post Posted Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:13 pm
Jakob BC

Neither can I :D That 3D seems interesting but is this the effect that is only meant to work with those new televisions or was that technology meant to work without 3D glasses? :nico:
Post Posted Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:15 pm
CLUBMIX
Representative Admin, Discography Expert

Dunkie wrote:....presented on both Super CD...
wondering what "Super CD" is.... might as well be a typo and really meaning Super Audio CD (SACD)...

Dunkie wrote:...'OXYGENE 3D' Box Set will also include 2 Pairs of 3-D Glasses...
as far as I know, this new 3D technology does not require 3D glasses (as long as you're watching such content on those new TV sets. Maybe with "old" ones, you still need such glasses)
Official Zoolook Partner
Post Posted Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:15 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

Thanks a lot for this absolutely fantastic news, Dunkie. :D I look so much forward to the DVD. Roll on 26 November 2007. :clap3:

I wish JMJ very much success with his new label EMI Music France. :wink2:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010