Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Equinoxe

Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:30 pm
Feffeli

Ronja wrote:
Feffeli wrote:Equinoxe strikes me as the story of the creation of planet Earth and how it has grown and changed over time.
I have associations with creation of the universe listening to "Rendez-Vous"... :)
Yes, Rendez-Vous is very much that! It fades out of darkness and into majestic beauty... Ugh, I'll wait for the Rendez-Vous thread! XP
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:18 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Yes, best Jarre studio album to date. I've probably overlistened this one so much, but it's still so perfect I can just get sucked into the music.

All tracks are my favorites, but it gets better from 4 and after it.

10/10
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:03 pm
Jett Moonwing

Well, I don't know what to say about it, but a while ago, I made this while listening to Equinoxe... :)
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:05 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

Jett Moonwing wrote:I made this while listening to Equinoxe... :)
That looks pretty cool... :) :wink:
Post Posted Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:19 am
Livgivare

Defenetly among the top 3 of Jarre albums or something like that. It is one must have too.

Love Leelene
Cool sites look for Livgivare
www.ukcentral.co.uk
www.bookcrossing.com

I am mostly afk due to the fact that I have many exams and alot to read and study to get grades right now!
Post Posted Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:28 am
jp8000

10/10
Post Posted Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:12 am
PMgep

What can I say... It's the BEST album by Jarre. It's brilliant all the way through. I Love it so much :D
Heaven has a beer volcano
Post Posted Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:00 pm
Big time

Damn great!!! :D A true classic!! :D
Post Posted Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:56 pm
Nico_Noyau
Assistant Admin & Bootleg Expert

I love a lot this one, he wasn't able to do it before Oxygène because he bought synths with the success of Oxygène :P
I love a lot the strings (Eminent 310U I love youuuuu)
Equinoxe 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7 have to be listen everytime :P
10/10 :D
Image Image
My music, webdev, photos, videos : www.nicolaskern.fr
Robert Dugenou

Attended :
Teo&Tea showcase in Cannes [France] - 20/05/2007
Théâtre Marigny, Paris [France] - 15/12/2007
<2010> Marseille [France] - 20/03/2010
Monaco - 01/07/2011
Arènes de Nîmes – 14/07/2016
Post Posted Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:23 pm
Jett Moonwing

GeeJee wrote:
Jett Moonwing wrote:I made this while listening to Equinoxe... :)
That looks pretty cool... :) :wink:
Cheers :) I'm planning to do something like that for each Jarre album...gonna take me a while :P
Post Posted Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:24 pm
SHARPBLUE

My all time favourite Jarre album is Equinoxe, followed by Oxygene.

sideways eight/10
Ramses niblick the 3rd kerplunk kerplunk whoops there goes my thribble

Visit me at www.mkeen.f9.co.uk
Post Posted Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:59 pm
Rubberlips

Equinoxe should be in the list of best albums of all time... If I was to introduce anyone to Jarre's music I'd introduce them via Equinoxe!

Parts 5-8 and the transitions inbetween - it just flows... it's so natural... I've never heard anything like it...

It's beautiful... it's fantastic! !
web: http://www.wix.com/carlpurkins/the-carl-purkins-website
email: carlpurkins@yahoo.com
blog: carlpurkins.blogspot.com

"I called the album 'Oxygene' because air is a necessity and I hope that, like air, my music is a basic need appreciated by everyone of all ages." - J M Jarre
Post Posted Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:53 pm
Rompipompi

Likes received  : 1

The first question after Oxygene was; can he deliver an album that can compete with Oxygene? Oh yes, and maybe even top it.
Equinoxe 5 was my first real encounter with Jarre, I still have the original 7" my brother bought back 1978. It was until 1986 I really became a Jarre-fan when I bought Rendez-Vous, shortly after I bought Equinoxe and was just hypnotised by it.
Post Posted Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:44 pm
moviemaker

Equinoxe is the best album!

Of course we are all fond of Oxygene because it's the first. But Equinoxe is the true masterpiece IMHO.

I think I picked up this CD before I knew anything about Jarre and really because of the amazing cover artwork (remember when you were a kid and did stuff like that).

I love the sense of mystery the picture evokes along with a bit of surrealism and the idea of the theater of the absurd. Graphically, probably the best Jarre cover ever...

Post Posted Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:12 pm
(Unknown)
Foster parent to lost posts

Yes, Equinoxe is the best album for the following 8 reasons in my mind.

1. Equinoxe Part 5 - simply the greatest JMJ track, if not the best instrumental track of all time.
2. Equinoxe Part 5-6-7, that gorgeous funky bass sequence and how it changes in depth and tone. In fact all the transistions between tracks are spot on - later albums (like Chronologie - Parts 4-5) are quite poor by comparison.
3. Equinoxe Parts 4 and 7, which are fantastic tracks in their own right.
4. Equinoxe Part 3 - there is something really quite wonderful about this ever so evocative piece, so unusual but beautiful.
5. Michel Granger's artwork - absolutely stunning imagery.
6. The pictures of JMJ and the office blocks used on the back cover- probably the best pictures of him.
7. The fact that the music is upbeat yet deep and moody - only has Zoolook (particularly with Ethnicolor) managed to be on a par for this.
8. There's no real turkey in the album, all the pieces show JMJ on top form.

The only thing I would say as a minus point is that compared to Oxygene, I think Oxygene 6 is a better final track than Equinoxe 8 - but in all other ways, I think Equinoxe is the better album.
This user is not the original creator of this post, but was kind enough to adopt it. If you are or know the original poster, send Dr_Jones a PM here: https://zoolook.nl/forum/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=47

• 2020 Zoolook.nl