Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Equinoxe

Post Posted Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:35 am
Livgivare

Please tell us your thoughts of Equinoxe.

Mine is a regular day in the town and how people are at this 24 hours! All the phases of the day. From the night where nothing really happens to the rush-hour where everyone is stressed out and wanna go home in the traffic-jam!

Leelene
Cool sites look for Livgivare
www.ukcentral.co.uk
www.bookcrossing.com

I am mostly afk due to the fact that I have many exams and alot to read and study to get grades right now!
Post Posted Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:20 am
Bj-1

Equinoxe is my favorite Jarre release! Word's cannot describe how much I like that album! 10/10
Post Posted Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:29 am
Hopsinka

I also have troubles to describe it exactly by words. I just feel pure energy and emotions going through me. It´s bretahing with special atmosphere.
Post Posted Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:33 am
Robi

Equinoxe is a masterpiece!!!
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:58 am
jarrekid

Equinoxe is a great album. Part 6 is MAJORLY underrated.
Post Posted Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:08 am
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

I love every single bit of Equinoxe, but I can't really describe what I 'see' in my mind while listening to it, simply because I don't see anything at all. It just makes me relax and feel great :D
Post Posted Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:55 am
Christophe

It's one of the greatest albums of the time!!! 8) :wink:

Greetzzz...
Post Posted Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:54 am
PMgep

It's such a great album!
Heaven has a beer volcano
Post Posted Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:09 pm
Big time

GeeJee wrote:I love every single bit of Equinoxe, but I can't really describe what I 'see' in my mind while listening to it, simply because I don't see anything at all. It just makes me relax and feel great :D
The same here!!! :D :D A great great album!! A true classic!!
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:37 am
Bj-1

jarrekid wrote: Part 6 is MAJORLY underrated.
Agree!!
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:48 am
Mike Earsen

Extremely hard (almost impossible) to make the exact copy of it (I mean cover). I heard a few covers but nothing beats the original! Despite the age of the album (almost 30), I still listen to this with pleasure.
A masterpiece!
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:11 am
Ronja
English Moderator

My definite number one!!! I just can't imagine life without "Equinoxe"! :D
I love the Music, I love the artwork (not mentioning the composer :wink: )...every single piece is G.R.E.A.T :cool:
> BlahBlahCafe TEAM :D

www.jeanmicheljarre.pl team
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:51 am
Feffeli

Equinoxe strikes me as the story of the creation of planet Earth and how it has grown and changed over time.

Part 1 is how the Universe formed it, slowly out of dust in the light of a newborn sun.
Part 2 is the darkness. Primordial cells drifting about aimlessly in the dim oceans, waiting for the spark that will set them into life.
3 is that spark, an elegant force moving through the waters, coaxing the cells to assemble into beautiful arrays of gossamer life.
4 is when it starts to get active, the life divides itself into the predators and the prey and the ecosystem starts to form. Trees grow and the land forms.
5 is when life takes over land, wild and free and lush and happy.
6 is humanity in its present state. Still growing and active, but it has a little trouble figuring out where it's going.
7 is the future. Everything's frantic and techno, maybe even a little warlike and bloodthirsty, but it all cleans up in...
8. the "Band in the Rain" bit is us picking through all the trash that we made for ourselves, and then the organ bit, the restatement of part five is our return to nature the way it was intended, harmony between everyone and everything and total peace.
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:58 am
Ronja
English Moderator

Feffeli wrote:Equinoxe strikes me as the story of the creation of planet Earth and how it has grown and changed over time.
I have associations with creation of the universe listening to "Rendez-Vous"... :)
> BlahBlahCafe TEAM :D

www.jeanmicheljarre.pl team
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:04 pm
AnDrOiD

It's my favourite Jarre album. Top notch super duper fantastic album. :mrgreen:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl