Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

JMJ is engaged in a major lawsuit because of a lie...

Post Posted Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:54 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

A bit of old news but the latest piece of news from Dreyfus I could find was from 2006 - Francis Dreyfus to receive the IAJE Lifetime Achievement Award on January 12th.

JMJ on Dreyfus Records official website.

It’s all gonna end in tears for someone. Shame, because we have to remember Dreyfus gave the opportunity to JMJ recording the original Oxygene album which no other record label would touch. In most interviews for the promo of Oxygene 3D that is what JMJ has mentioned but never includes Dreyfus’s name. Well, not that I can recall. At the end of the day it is either the music, money or difference opinions in a relationship in the music world. We will not know for sure. :|
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:11 pm
Pete

Kanta wrote:So in other words, it is re-recorded from the recorded. :P :? :mrgreen:
Hi guys
I feel my posts here are transparent... or that my English is not good enough to be understood...

Unless Dreyfus onws also the rights on the Multitrack tapes, He only owns the rights for the Master Tape (stereo mix). The master.

If JMJ owns the Multitrack tapes and the rights to use them, he can do all the different mix re-mix, edits and new recordings.

A new recording from the original Multitrack tapes means new opportunities like a 5.1 surround mix etc. etc. ...
Post Posted Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:14 pm
Robi

Jean Michel ! Don't give up :!:
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:28 pm
Equinoxe

Likes received  : 1

Pete wrote:
Kanta wrote:So in other words, it is re-recorded from the recorded. :P :? :mrgreen:
Hi guys
I feel my posts here are transparent... or that my English is not good enough to be understood...

Unless Dreyfus onws also the rights on the Multitrack tapes, He only owns the rights for the Master Tape (stereo mix). The master.

If JMJ owns the Multitrack tapes and the rights to use them, he can do all the different mix re-mix, edits and new recordings.
There's nothing Wrong with your English,this is what I have said in my Posts,any record company will own a master stereo Mix,Very rarely does any Contract involve the handing over of any Mulitple takes or recordings or Mix sessions unless contracted to do so,Jarre Must have multiple versions of the Mixes either in singular track form or Mixdown,he used them for Past concert versions that still retain the Original Album elements,And the AERO Album is a prime example of him having those Original track Versions at least(Oxygene 2 for sure)so whats to stop him using them for this Recording??

this is exactly what I have been trying to portray that Dreyfus cannot prove that this master recording is a direct copy of what he has for Publishing if he only has the master copy,Jarre could simply transfer those single tracks or mixes he had into protools and mixdown a Newer slightly altered Mix which he has done and edited it too.and thats a newer version he could pass off as rerecorded and no-one could prove otherwise.why didn't he pounce on Jarre for some of the AERO tracks??they are after all the same Byproduct as this Oxygene just with a different Mix and a Few added elements.they are still based on the original Track elements to which Dreyfus Published.

it not like they can analyze the Oxygene albums side by side because they're two different Mixes,so even audio and waveform match Quality software wouldn't be able to correlate them so I don't see how Dreyfus has a case,unless there is something deeper to the legal wrangling
JMJ wouldn't do something without thinking about the repercussions given he would know of the consequences of something so serious if it was ever alleged like it has been,he hasn't released this lightly or stupidly.
Post Posted Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:08 pm
ILIAS

Robi wrote:There are certain members who appear when there is problems around Jarre... :wink:
Support you with all 100% :bravo:

I don't understand what is the reason to quote every post made by other members and put it in negative direction, say it is not truth, and finaly saying that others are stupid....
Post Posted Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:09 pm
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

Equinoxe wrote:
Pete wrote:
Hi guys

There's nothing Wrong with your English,this is what I have said in my Posts,any record company will own a master stereo Mix,Very rarely does any Contract involve the handing over of any Mulitple takes or recordings or Mix sessions unless contracted to do so,Jarre Must have multiple versions of the Mixes either in singular track form or Mixdown,he used them for Past concert versions that still retain the Original Album elements,And the AERO Album is a prime example of him having those Original track Versions at least(Oxygene 2 for sure)so whats to stop him using them for this Recording??
Yes exactly that has been on my mind before. JMJ has used what soundedl ike original recordings but with removed parts to add new stuff or overdub with live stuff, so he must have the single recordings somehow.
Post Posted Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:26 pm
marcoblom

Mr. Tung wrote:
Antigoon wrote:Is it just me or is everybody here ignoring the fact Dreyfus IS mentioned on the CD as owners of the work....
That is correct. It is mentioned on both sets of the dvd and the free CD from the MOS.
But was he PAID?
Post Posted Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:27 pm
marcoblom

Kanta wrote:
Equinoxe wrote:Does anyone beleive that Jarre would not know his rights and responsibilities to this before releasing it...
That's exactly what I believe. 8) JMJ and EMI would not risk a lawsuit without doing their research. :P
Did EMI know or did JMJ hide things from them?
Post Posted Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:37 pm
jeanbatman

Online Now
Likes given: 10
Likes received  : 15

Good courage, Jarre. I still love your music, nevermind the money talks.
Post Posted Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:51 pm
Kanta

marcoblom wrote:
Mr. Tung wrote:
Antigoon wrote:Is it just me or is everybody here ignoring the fact Dreyfus IS mentioned on the CD as owners of the work....
That is correct. It is mentioned on both sets of the dvd and the free CD from the MOS.
But was he PAID?
I would like to think he was not paid but knew that his name was put on the CD. Why should Dreyfus not get paid now? Because he was paid in 1976. :P
marcoblom wrote:
Kanta wrote:
Equinoxe wrote:Does anyone beleive that Jarre would not know his rights and responsibilities to this before releasing it...
That's exactly what I believe. 8) JMJ and EMI would not risk a lawsuit without doing their research. :P
Did EMI know or did JMJ hide things from them?
When taking on new music artists surely record companies would do a thorough check before releasing their work to the public. Especially, in this incident, a past album released under a different record label. As for JMJ hiding things, why should he? He would only get caught because of legal implications. :|
jeanbatman wrote:Good courage, Jarre. I still love your music, nevermind the money talks.
Me too, definitely. :love:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Post Posted Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:53 pm
jp8000

I don't love him, some odd reason :punch:, only his music and instruments
Master of copying other composers work.. subconsciously

My soundclick

Facebook

My youtube channel
Post Posted Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:59 pm
Kanta

I :love: his music and his instruments, too. :oops: 8) Please :no: rude comments about the instruments part. :punch:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Post Posted Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:01 pm
jp8000

Kanta wrote:Please :no: rude comments about the instruments part. :punch:
huh?
Master of copying other composers work.. subconsciously

My soundclick

Facebook

My youtube channel
Post Posted Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:03 pm
CLUBMIX
Representative Admin, Discography Expert

...isn't it just because on the MOS, there's "the complete original album" written, which seems to make FDM angry?
Official Zoolook Partner
Post Posted Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:25 am
b.blues

Ok, maybe I'm very thin on this idea but here goes.
We all know that JMJ is a prodigious archiver and that he makes extensive notes when making albums. Is it not possible that he kept a diary as it were of his recording the original and used the original master and his notes as a "guide" to replicating the latest recording. I agree that it is scarily similar to the 1976 version but I just can't see someone with over 30 years experience with record companies trying to pull a fast one on one of the majors or his obsessive fans. We know that album almost as much as if we ourselves had composed and recorded it. It has been dissected over and over for years. He would not make such a mistake.
There is a lot of pot noise(hiss and clicking from the analogue synth knobs being turned) on the new recording that could have been removed on Pro Tools had he simply transferred the original master.
Also have you tried to synch-up both recordings together? Yes the wave forms are very similar. But, They run out of synch with each other. No, not because the new one has slightly longer/different transitions, but when you snch-up the rhythms, they run out of synch and not in the same places as it would have due to tape stretch on the master.
I just think he is possibly THAT PRECISE! And that his extensive notes/archive allowed him to get exactly the right sound.
Some of the zaps and whooshes might have been sampled though and if thats true. So what? He still played the thing in the first place even if some of it is cadged from 1976.
Anyone else think this is possible??????
b.blues

• 2020 Zoolook.nl