Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Zoolook

Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:59 pm
Livgivare

Tell us what you think of this album here.

Love Leelene
Cool sites look for Livgivare
www.ukcentral.co.uk
www.bookcrossing.com

I am mostly afk due to the fact that I have many exams and alot to read and study to get grades right now!
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:06 pm
Ronja
English Moderator

I love this album, it's in my Top 3 :)

Even if it consisted only of "Ethnicolor" I would find it genial...great idea and great realisation.
That's why I name JMJ "the Master"! :D
> BlahBlahCafe TEAM :D

www.jeanmicheljarre.pl team
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:08 pm
Feffeli

This is one of JMJ's lushest albums, it seems. Instead of exploring the grandiose majesty of space, this album really has a very human touch to it that makes it a very agreeable break from JMJ's usual formulae at the time.
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:11 pm
Livgivare

Personally I think this album is both hillariously fun and great at the time. the head track Zoolook was probobly the first Jarre song I heard, but didn't know it was his work.

Love Leelene
Cool sites look for Livgivare
www.ukcentral.co.uk
www.bookcrossing.com

I am mostly afk due to the fact that I have many exams and alot to read and study to get grades right now!
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:46 pm
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

This album is alot different from the other albums. It's a special album and weird if you aren't familiar with it. The great use of samples from humans isn't comparable to his other albums. I used to connect JMJ with use of human sounds in music.
When I was younger and heard Ethnicolor, I was affraid of the track, I only knew about the first part at that time.
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:09 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Very different and experimental, very good too. When I was a kid, PLD Ethnicolor somehow scared the shit out of me, so I didn't like that track much then. I listened to rest of the album pretty much (and usually the later half of Ethnicolor), I really liked the music. And still do.

Unlike then, my ultimate favorites are Ethnicolor (perhaps my most favorite Jarre track ever, in fact) and Zoolookologie. I admit I don't listen to the rest of them that much, except when I have my Zoolook listen-a-throughs.

I can do this and not feel bad at all too:

10/10
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:30 pm
AnDrOiD

I love this album! :mrgreen:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:40 pm
Christophe

It's a lovely album. :wink: 8)

Greetzzz...
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:47 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

I loved it instantly when I had bought it. Very very good! No comments left, I guess... :D

Oh.. 9.5/10
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:58 pm
AnDrOiD

I was very disappointed when I got a copy of the album on cassette tape, back in '84. Too distant from what I was used to with Oxygene, Equinoxe and Magnetic Fields. The only relief was that I was considered a bit cooler in my bro and his friends eyes, when listening to it, cause Zoolook and Zoolookologie were very cool with the whole electric boogie scene going on.

I love the album today and has for many years!
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:12 pm
Jett Moonwing

Ah, I still remember listening to my dad's Zoolook tape when I was very young. I guess it was the first thing that really sparked my imagination. I used to imagine various strange creatures making the sounds I heard on the tape. One of them happened to be a weird over-sized mantis type thing...and then years later of course, I saw a vid of Paris La Defence. I was surprised to see that the giant silver mantis during Zoolookologie was not far off the mantis I had imagined as a kid! :shock: :P
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:15 pm
jp8000

10/10
Post Posted Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:32 am
Bj-1

My introduction to Jarre! Still among my favorites by him. Not perfect, but VERY interesting, almost avant-gardistic album. Excellent! 8.5/10
Post Posted Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:19 am
jarrekid

It used to scare me when I was 4....

Absolutely fantastic album. Funk + Linn + Synths. Bloody brilliant. 11/10.
Post Posted Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:57 am
PMgep

Ethnicolor... WOW!
Heaven has a beer volcano

• 2020 Zoolook.nl