Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

The people who first inspired you to make music

Post Posted Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:47 pm
BnM

1. My mother
2. Jean Michel

For me personally, there is a lot of gratitude to JM,
as I would not be making music the way I do now, if it wasnt for his music & choice of tools.
Post Posted Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:56 pm
SHARPBLUE

JMJ

Tangerine Dream

David Vorhaus

Bob Moog

The Casio VL1 and PT1 and DX7 and DX9 ater I played with them

Definately Klaus Shulze's Timewind

and yet more Moog music

I just love it
Ramses niblick the 3rd kerplunk kerplunk whoops there goes my thribble

Visit me at www.mkeen.f9.co.uk
Post Posted Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:45 pm
Equinoxe

Likes received  : 1

1. Depeche Mode-songwriting Influence/Dark electronic atmospherics

2. Jarre-for his ability to paint music using sounds/And showing that music doesn't have to be lyrical to be melodic or catchy

3. Kraftwerk-Loved the Quirky robotic type attitude

4. A-ha-The First decent band of the 80s since DM that struck a chord with me,and are still going today and writing some superb music....

5. Korg synths!Say no more
Post Posted Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:07 pm
Jett Moonwing

Most of the people who inspired me to make music aren't electronic musicians, (though I'm not a synth-head) :P but J-M is one of them, so I'll just say him :P
Post Posted Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:18 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Well, dunno really... JMJ definately got me into synths, but I've been playing the piano since I was 3 years old or something :D Just all by myself... :lol:
Post Posted Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:22 pm
PMgep

No one really. I did play the flute from when I was 7 untill I was 10 when I started to play the French horn untill I was 17.

Acording to my teacher I was really talanted with the horn but I started to think it was boring.

Now I own a piano but I don't have it here. I'll start playing it when I move to something bigger than 25m² :D
Heaven has a beer volcano
Post Posted Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:23 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

French Horn? Woooaaa... ever tried Ethnicolor? :D
Post Posted Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:26 pm
Big time

For me, it started when Nik Kershaw came on the scene in 84´ with "Wouldn´t it be good"!! Then I wanted to play the guitar!! But it never happened!! :D And then in 86´ when I saw the Houston concert by Jarre and a month after got the album "Rendez-vous", THEN I saw the light!!! :D :D

Today I´m the happy owner of my own music studio, and I´m damn good at creating music!! :D :D
Post Posted Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:26 pm
PMgep

GeeJee wrote:French Horn? Woooaaa... ever tried Ethnicolor? :D
No, but I did play some other Jarre-songs. I borrowed the Jean-Michel Jarre - Best of Piano from the library to play some of the songs in that one :D
Post Posted Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:27 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Magnetic Fields 1? :D
Post Posted Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:32 pm
PMgep

GeeJee wrote:Magnetic Fields 1? :D
Is that one really in that book? I only remember part 2 and 5...
Post Posted Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:33 pm
Marie-Laure
V.I.P. Member

Francis Rimbert of course ! That's incredible GJ .... ! you forgot the best one ouh ... shame on you !!! :twisted: :twisted:
GO TO DIE DWARF !
Post Posted Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:35 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Hiiiii ML! :D

He did inspire me... for my next album I will use Francis' very special way of sequencing (as found in Woodoo and Elfe's Race)...

But only a little! :twisted:
Post Posted Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:20 am
Mike Earsen

I was hitting the piano keys for the first time when I was 4. Two years later it was sold...
When I started listening to Jarre's works (in 2000), soon, during the listening my fingers started hitting the table and it looked like I was a keyboard player. That was just an 'unconditional' impulse. :P
I think that Vince Clarke ('Yazoo' and 'Erasure' video clips) was one of a musicians, who made me decide to open the box with Yamaha portable keyboard and start playing/miming (that was in 1990's - I can't recall the exact date). Maybe it's strange, but I haven't played any 'Erasure' or 'Yazoo' track so far... :lol:
Thomas Anders too... (similar case).
In 2003 I've installed the first software synthesizer on my computer (thanks to Loek van Kooten and Eppo Schaap (aka Galbatron) - on their website (it's a pity it doesn't exist anymore) in 'equipment' section (as I remember) I've saw the first software synth). That was Native Instruments Pro-53 - I remember how I was shocked when I heard the sound for the first time :lol: . I decided to buy the MIDI controller to play it in an easier way. I started "collecting" software synths and later - sound modules. And they made me decide to start making music.

So, if someone asked me the question: "Who was first person...?", I'd answer: "Two guys from Netherlands: L. van Kooten and E. Schaap". If someone asked me: "What ever was first...?", I'd answer "Software synths" 8) .

Regards,
Mike
Post Posted Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:29 am
AnDrOiD

1. Kraftwerk
2. Jean-Michel Jarre
3. Depeche Mode/Yazoo
4. My childhood friend who was the first to get a synth.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl