Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

How cold is it where you are?

Post Posted Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:01 pm
Jon

Likes received  : 1

0°c :scarf:
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:05 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

The weather forecast says it's -1°C, here. I think that is untrue. It's more like -7°C. :P
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:14 pm
Jon

Kanta wrote:The weather forecast says it's -1°C, here. I think that is untrue. It's more like -7°C. :P
Same here, and it does feel considerably colder.
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:24 am
Analog-Umph

Likes given: 3

How cold is it where you are
How cold? It's 45 degrees out there damn it, and I've got no time.
Without faith nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible.
Post Posted Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:39 am
Adam

Likes given: 9
Likes received  : 6

Kanta wrote:The weather forecast says it's -1°C, here. I think that is untrue. It's more like -7°C. :P
I agree,my driveway has been covered in sheet ice since Tuesday & cos of the angle of the drive I can't get my car out,I don't want to pour hot water over the drive as it would make it worse if that froze over & cos I'm in a ground floor flat the driveway is the only way in or out of my place.
My road and the pavements have not been gritted,an accident waiting to happen,was a near miss Weds night when a car spun & just missed a parked car.
We haven't had any snow,but freak hail showers some of which has not thawed in 2 days & have had a spate of accidents in Cornwall,including a coach that overturned killing 2 and injuring 47,the first cop car on the scene spun off the road & hit the coach.
Post Posted Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:48 pm
Jon

Adam wrote:
I agree,my driveway has been covered in sheet ice since Tuesday & cos of the angle of the drive I can't get my car out,I don't want to pour hot water over the drive as it would make it worse if that froze over & cos I'm in a ground floor flat the driveway is the only way in or out of my place.
My road and the pavements have not been gritted,an accident waiting to happen,was a near miss Weds night when a car spun & just missed a parked car.
We haven't had any snow,but freak hail showers some of which has not thawed in 2 days & have had a spate of accidents in Cornwall,including a coach that overturned killing 2 and injuring 47,the first cop car on the scene spun off the road & hit the coach.
It was on our local news the other day about Royal Mail (postal service) asking homeowners not to pour hot water onto cars or driveways/pathways on there property as the water would freeze to become black ice and could cause the postman to slip. Screw you Royal chuffing Mail. Our home, our decision. You have messed up this year agian with your shoddy services and increase in postal stamps, dont think you can tell us what we can and cannot do.

Post Posted Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:25 pm
Adam

Just seen our postman,he said he couldn't deliver to us yesterday as our driveway was too dangerous,I did put some salt on a small area last night so my wife wouldn't break her neck trying to get out to work.
AS for putting up postage prices,they can';t even deliver our mail to the right address !!
Post Posted Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:58 pm
Velodynamic

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

-18 > -14 °C & 150mm (≈ 6") solid snow has fallen this weekend and it just keeps on falling... :robertdugenou:
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:36 pm
Adam

Can't beleive after the freezing weather last week it's 10 degrees and sunny !
Post Posted Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:25 pm
Kanta

Adam wrote:Can't beleive after the freezing weather last week it's 10 degrees and sunny !
Let's enjoy it while we can. :cheer:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Post Posted Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:57 pm
Adam

Kanta wrote:
Adam wrote:Can't beleive after the freezing weather last week it's 10 degrees and sunny !
Let's enjoy it while we can. :cheer:
Yes,they are forecasting possible snow for thw SW on Weds,so let's make the most of it !
Post Posted Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:17 am
Jon

Had wide spread frost during the night, but we have another cold snap heasding in with snow forcast this coming Wednesday.

Post Posted Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:10 pm
Adam

Had a thin layer of ice on the car last night,& a bit of a frost this morning.
Looks like Cornwall will escape the snow again,according to the BBC forecast the furthest southwest it will come is Taunton.
Post Posted Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:18 pm
Kanta

3°C and light :rain: . :no: snow, yet. :P
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Post Posted Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:24 pm
Jon

We had a lot of snow last night, followed by rain. All the snow had gone by this morning.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl