Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

What teases you?

Post Posted Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:38 pm
AnDrOiD

AnDrOiD wrote:Life in general. :roll:
Ditto at present .... :|
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:25 pm
MsMotty

MsMotty wrote:Mum has been diagnosed with Small cell lung cancer. It's not exactly teasing me as that's possibly too mild a word for how I'm feeling inside, or how Mum's feeling for that matter.
MsMotty, I hope they caught it in time. I lost a parent to cancer, so I know this is tough. Praying...
Our goal in life is to overcome obstacles placed in our way without destroying them, so that those who follow us may share in our triumphs.
Post Posted Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:41 pm
Velodynamic

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

MsMotty wrote:Mum has been diagnosed with Small cell lung cancer. It's not exactly teasing me as that's possibly too mild a word for how I'm feeling inside, or how Mum's feeling for that matter.
I'm sorry too. Lost my biological father in cancer when I was only 2 yo.
It must be much worse if it happens when you really know your parent.
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:39 pm
MsMotty

Some people on another forum I'm on.
I know that in the main they're a bit of a clique, but today has really annoyed me.
One of them is thinking of getting an SLR and wanted advice on what she could get for less than £500. I offered some advice of my own, all of which was given to me last year when I was deciding what to do with regards to upgrading my last camera.
They then moaned about me saying that, if they wanted something decent for that price they should give consideration to the second hand route, because they wanted a warranty :roll:
Someone else then said "Oh lets wait for X to come along, she knows what she's talking about" !?
This person has now said exactly what I did, but because she "knows what she's talking about" that will be OK.
I really don't know why I bothered. :?
Our goal in life is to overcome obstacles placed in our way without destroying them, so that those who follow us may share in our triumphs.
Post Posted Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:30 am
mathetes1963

Likes given: 3

MsMotty wrote:Some people on another forum I'm on.
I know that in the main they're a bit of a clique, but today has really annoyed me.
One of them is thinking of getting an SLR and wanted advice on what she could get for less than £500. I offered some advice of my own, all of which was given to me last year when I was deciding what to do with regards to upgrading my last camera.
They then moaned about me saying that, if they wanted something decent for that price they should give consideration to the second hand route, because they wanted a warranty :roll:
Someone else then said "Oh lets wait for X to come along, she knows what she's talking about" !?
This person has now said exactly what I did, but because she "knows what she's talking about" that will be OK.
I really don't know why I bothered. :?
I know EXACTLY how you feel.
Never having been one of the "cool kids", I've gotten accustomed to being an outsider. Cliques suck!

But, just remember, they put their pants on one leg at a time, just like we do. :wink:
"The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul."
-Johann Sebastian Bach, 1685-1750

"It Don't Mean A Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing."
-Duke Ellington, 1899-1974
Post Posted Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:03 am
Starcat

mathetes1963 wrote:
I know EXACTLY how you feel.
Never having been one of the "cool kids", I've gotten accustomed to being an outsider. Cliques suck!
@MrsMotty and mathetes1963: I feel you both on that. You know, I have been bullied for many, many years at school, just because I was very much into the arts, history and music nobody knew at all.
Starcat =* *=
Post Posted Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:20 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

Being ill but I don't feel a thing, now. Why? I am taking lots of painkillers for my cold, sore throat and toothache. I have a virus, apparently. :( Half and half on the mend. :P
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:08 pm
Aneka65

Likes received  : 3

Lately, I have different problems, I have to pay off credit card always something must happen: (: (
Change.
Post Posted Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:20 pm
Kanta

Getting over a chest infection and not allowed to smoke anymore. :cry:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Post Posted Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:26 pm
MsMotty

:hug: take as many as you need Kanta.
Post Posted Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:29 pm
Kanta

MsMotty wrote::hug: take as many as you need Kanta.
Thanks Lindsay. :hug: I hope to be normal tomorrow. :D
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Post Posted Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:37 pm
Velodynamic

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

Kanta wrote:Getting over a chest infection and not allowed to smoke anymore. :cry:
Problem is tobacco. Ever tried electronic cigarettes? :smoke:

I can't remember when I ever experienced so many people (non smokers aswell) having troubles with lung infections or coughing and eating antibiotics to become ok again. Vaccinations can make it even worse for some. It's kinda scary actually. :| How lucky am I though to become this perfectly healthy again. :P :fine:
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:30 pm
Kanta

Velodynamic wrote:
Kanta wrote:Getting over a chest infection and not allowed to smoke anymore. :cry:
Problem is tobacco. Ever tried electronic cigarettes? :smoke:

I can't remember when I ever experienced so many people (non smokers aswell) having troubles with lung infections or coughing and eating antibiotics to become ok again. Vaccinations can make it even worse for some. It's kinda scary actually. :| How lucky am I though to become this perfectly healthy again. :P :fine:
:no:

I have made a start. :fine:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Post Posted Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:42 pm
MsMotty

Some horrid doctor at the hospital Mum is under for her treatment, completely disregarding everything to do with sensitivity and telling Mum over the phone that they are going to stop her Chemotherapy treatment and start Radiotherapy treatment in the New Year.
Now, Mum is at a clinic appointment at the hospital on Monday and, since the new lot of treatment won't be starting until next year, they could have waited and had the discussion face-to-face. Mum has been upset by that piece of insensitivity and I am very annoyed and have told this doctor so in no uncertain terms this morning.
Post Posted Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:37 pm
Black Bird

I am sorry about your mom. mrs Motty. :(
Today the doctors alway too busy to think about sensitivity and this special situation. That´s our cold world today..The main thing is money money money.. :roll: :(

• 2020 Zoolook.nl