Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Essentials & Rarities

Post Posted Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:27 am
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

Got this in the mail:
We are happy to announce that 2011 will start with the release of
a new material called "Memories & Rarities" before Jean Michel Jarre
gets back to the studio to record new materials. Stay tuned on our
website and Facebook page.
Post Posted Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:37 am
Robi

Hm, release via...?

Sounds like a live album...to me, "Memories"...of 2010 ?

Thanks anyway!
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:41 am
Dr_Jones

Maybe finally a CD release of The Sun, Vizitors stuff, those kinds of things... That would be nice.
Post Posted Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:41 am
shadow

Likes received  : 35

Rarities..? Hmmm... Is Jarre finally going to release Deserted Palace and La Cage on CD :P

Although I'd love to have: Twelve Dreams of the Sun (full concert) and Rendez-Vous in Space :D
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:46 am
Dr_Jones

The full email:

2010 a year of Touring

2010 has been a busy year on the road with Jean Michel Jarre presenting to the world his latest live stage creation. Over 70 concerts gathering more than 500,000 people over 18 countries. The different audiences greatly welcomed the show that encapsulates Jean Michel Jarre's greatest hits performed live, accompanied by his musicians and a unique scenography of laser, lights & video.
--

2010 fût une année chargée durant laquelle Jean Michel Jarre a présenté sa toute dernière création scénique avec au total plus de 70 concerts et plus de 500,000 spectateurs sur 18 pays. Les différents publics ont très bien accueillis ce nouveau concept-show dans lequel Jean Michel Jarre incorpore ses meilleurs titres, accompagnés de 3 musiciens, le tout sur une scénographie lumière-laser-video hors du commun.

To be continued... 2011

The Tour will continue next year with dates already announced and on-sale in Germany, Austria & Switzerland. The tour will also continue on other continents such as America and Asia. More infos on the website www.jeanmicheljarre.com/tour-2010
--

La tournée continuera l'année prochaine avec plusieurs dates déjà annoncées et en vente en Allemagne; Autriche et Suisse. La tournée continuera aussi sur le continent américain et asiatique. Plus d'infos sur notre le site internet officiel www.jeanmicheljarre.com/tour-2010

2010 a great year:
MOJO / SACEM / 10-10-10 project

On top of a great year of touring, Jean Michel Jarre has been awarded twice this year by the music industry. In June 2010, he received the MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award. Not only is he the only French artist to receive this esteemed award, but he now joins Yoko Ono, David Gilmour and The Stooges, past awardees.

Later in November, it is the French SACEM who awarded him with Grand Prix des Musiques Electroniques at Théâtre Marigny in Paris.

A special year means special dates, and on the 10th of October 2010, Jean Michel Jarre broadcast his special London O2 gig on the internet where more than 100,000 web surfers experienced the concert in its entirety on our different websites. You can watch the sequel HERE. (
--

En plus d'une grande année sur la route, Jean Michel Jarre a été récompensé à deux reprises par ses pairs. En Juin 2010, c'est le magazine MOJO qui lui décerne le LifeTime Achievement Award saluant l'ensemble de sa carrière. Il est à ce jour le seul artiste français à recevoir un award de MOJO et vient s'ajouter à la prestigieuse liste comprenant Yoko Ono, David Gilmour et les Stooges ayant reçu cet award précédemment.

En Novembre, c'est la SACEM qui lui remet le Grand Prix des Musiques Electroniques au théâtre Marigny à Paris.

Une année spéciale implique une date spéciale. Le 10 Octobre 2010 Jean Michel Jarre a retransmis son concert en direct de l'Arena O2 de Londres sur internet et dans son intégralité. Plus de 100,000 internautes ont pu suivre le concert et vous pouvez voir ICI le résumé de ce concert.

New release in 2011

We are happy to announce that 2011 will start with the release of a new material called "Memories & Rarities" before Jean Michel Jarre gets back to the studio to record new materials. Stay tuned on our website and Facebook page.
--

Nous sommes heureux de vous annoncer la sortie début 2011 du projet "Memories and rarities" avant que Jean Michel Jarre ne retourne en studio pour enregistrer de nouvelles compositions. Restez à l'écoute sur notre site officiel et sur notre page facebook.

Iphone case Christmas gift

As a Christmas special we are now selling iPhone cases on our e-shop. You can purchase it by clicking HERE.
--

Idée cadeau de Noel : le dernière iPhone case de Jean Michel Jarre disponible sur le webshop.

TV broadcasts: 3D & Sacem

The Sacem ceremony will be broadcast on French TV on the 27th of December on France 4 channel at 11pm.
A documentary of the tour, including images of the show in 3D will be broadcast on Direct Star channel in France (channel 17) and on Numéricable (Internet provider - channel 20) on the 26th of December at 11:15pm.
--

La cérémonie du Grand Prix de la SACEM sera diffusée sur France 4 lundi 27 Décembre à 23h.
Un documentaire sur la tournée 2010, en 3D, sera diffusé sur Direct Star (TNT chaîne 17) ainsi que sur le canal 3D de numéricable (chaîne 20) le dimanche 26 décembre 2010 à 23h15.
Post Posted Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:47 am
Dr_Jones

This was attached as image in the newsletter:

doesn't look like a Supermarket to me though
Post Posted Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:55 am
Robi

Oh, MFS, Visitors...other rare recordings. Are so fine!

Finally in decent quality. :)

Online release only...I guess...and we can download the album from JMJ.com. What do you think?
Post Posted Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:08 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

Speculationologie.

:pwned:
:mrgreen:
Post Posted Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:31 pm
jeanbatman

Likes given: 10
Likes received  : 15

Robi wrote:(...)Online release only...I guess..(...)
I agree.
Post Posted Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:25 pm
jarrepaul

I wonder how many tracks jean michel has locked away just for this purpose. A proper AERO album would be good. This list goes on MFS, AND SO ON.
Europe in Concert Manchester 1993
Oxygène Tour Manchester 1997
World Tour 2010 Manchester
Post Posted Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:35 pm
Dr_Jones

Lots of live tracks that can be released as album tracks. I think every one-off concert since 2000 had at least one new, unreleased song.
Post Posted Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:45 pm
Dr_Jones

Three letters: A. O. and R.
Post Posted Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:09 pm
ZZERO

jeanbatman wrote:
I agree.
I don't.
JEAN-MICHEL JARRE - S P A N I S H T O U R T U R U R Ú 2 0 1 1
Post Posted Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:14 pm
Robi

ZZERO wrote:
jeanbatman wrote:
I agree.
I don't.
Hope you are right ZZERO anyway !!! :wink:
I prefer to have albums physically !
Post Posted Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:57 pm
ZZERO

I'm absolutelly sure, ROBI.
JEAN-MICHEL JARRE - S P A N I S H T O U R T U R U R Ú 2 0 1 1

• 2020 Zoolook.nl