Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Emu Emulator II+ (and Jean Michel Jarre)

Post Posted Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:23 pm
Jon

Likes received  : 1

I picked up this week a 80s classic, Emu Emulator II+ in fantastic condition externally. Sadly internally she hasn't fared too well so I will be spending some time and money getting her back up and running. The unit was once owned by a musician who worked at the BBC and recorded with the Radiophonic Workshop for use in programmes so some of the disc's have FX material. Sadly due to the current none-working nature of the unit I cannot test the discs.

I believe JMJ used the Emulator II in ZOOLOOK and RENDEZ-VOUS.

Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:04 pm
jarrepaul

Nice
Europe in Concert Manchester 1993
Oxygène Tour Manchester 1997
World Tour 2010 Manchester
Post Posted Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:42 pm
Jon

I stripped her down this weekend and repaired, cleaned and serviced the Emu and got her working.

Build date. . .

Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:45 pm
Jon

. . . its alive! . . . ITS ALIVE!

Post Posted Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:11 pm
Analog-Umph

Likes given: 3

Sounds magical! :fine:
Are you gonna do any more videos Jon?

yay floppy discs :P
Without faith nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible.
Post Posted Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:43 am
FredRx.Daniel

Likes received  : 5

:D
FredRx.Daniel
Post Posted Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:09 pm
JMP

Nice buy, one my favourite instruments of all time. If you've got her up and working including the floppy drives, let me know and I'll send you over a couple of disks with Synthex sounds on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5abCRsx8ITk
Post Posted Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:54 pm
Jon

JMP wrote:Nice buy, one my favourite instruments of all time. If you've got her up and working including the floppy drives, let me know and I'll send you over a couple of disks with Synthex sounds on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5abCRsx8ITk
Sorry for the delay in responding. If the offer is still available, I certainly would be very interested :)

Post Posted Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:38 pm
JMP

No prob, can give you them in Sound Designer format if you PM me your email or did you need floppy disks?
Post Posted Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:06 pm
Jon

JMP wrote:No prob, can give you them in Sound Designer format if you PM me your email or did you need floppy disks?
I will drop you a PM :D

• 2020 Zoolook.nl