Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

More New Docklands Footage

Post Posted Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:30 pm
argyleg

Absolute stunning footage essential viewing folks
Post Posted Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:06 pm
Big time

THANK YOU!! :D :D

Much better than the official release :wink: :lol:
King of smileys :D
Post Posted Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:29 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Thanks for the link!

I may be long overdue with this, but only now do I really realize how shitty the Docklands VHS version is. Good grief.

Some syncing issues, though? Or did JMJ just really fail at miming the laser harp during RV3? ;P
Post Posted Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:57 pm
daz

Superb footage. It seems to be from one of the camera angles used in the few distance shots in the DD video release
The sound is out of sync, look at the end of Equinoxes 5, but as for RV 3 it could be distance delay.
I'm sure there's someone on here that could re sync the whole clip and improve the sound and video on an "instant"
There's more and more Docklands footage appearing, we could do a fan release.
Post Posted Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:06 pm
docklands88

WOW! That's tremendous, thanks for posting it here. Gives a much better view of events :D
Concerts Attended :

Tour 2010: Cardiff CIA 06/10/10
Electronica World Tour: Cardiff CIA 04/10/16

Favorite Concert: Destination Docklands 1988
Post Posted Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:12 am
chronos

fantastic find!

Is this the 2nd night show?

A surprise to hear the solo pieces during Ethnicolor, like in Lyon. That wasn't heard during the radio broadcasts.

Also Rendezvous 4, no Hank Marvin ??

Great to actually see more of the visuals and fireworks too.

Brilliant!
Post Posted Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:30 pm
argyleg

chronos wrote:fantastic find!

Is this the 2nd night show?

A surprise to hear the solo pieces during Ethnicolor, like in Lyon. That wasn't heard during the radio broadcasts.

Also Rendezvous 4, no Hank Marvin ??

Great to actually see more of the visuals and fireworks too.

Brilliant!
Got a feeling it is the Saturday show, the stage is a lot closer to the dock (me and a mate were stood right in front) than the Sunday when it was further out ' at sea' plus there is no rain landing on the cameras
Post Posted Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:53 pm
rinogurr

Likes received  : 47

News footage:
Post Posted Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:17 am
daz

This renewing my thirst for all things Docklands.
I've had a good listen to Eqinoxe 5 from the first clip. If you listen on head phones you can just make out bass drum roles similar to Lyon version. I never noticed this before on the radio broadcast. I would love to hear a source recording of this whole show. One must exist.
Post Posted Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:11 pm
Finaero

The old guy in the middle of the news video is just great :mrgreen: Also, after all these years I figured out that JMJ seems to say "Thank you for everything!" after RV4 instead of something like "Thank you for free [something]" ;)

Wish there was a full audio version of the Saturday gig, I remember the audience recording (that surfaced in 2003) and the radio broadcast sounding the same even if the guy who was in hold of the audience recording claimed that it was from the different night.

Still, very nice!
Post Posted Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:18 pm
Black Bird

Not my favourite Video. Quality is too bad , but it´s funny so read JMJ is in real a transvestit :mrgreen: ( "Michelle " )
Post Posted Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:17 pm
daz

Finaero wrote:The old guy in the middle of the news video is just great :mrgreen: Also, after all these years I figured out that JMJ seems to say "Thank you for everything!" after RV4 instead of something like "Thank you for free [something]" ;)

Wish there was a full audio version of the Saturday gig, I remember the audience recording (that surfaced in 2003) and the radio broadcast sounding the same even if the guy who was in hold of the audience recording claimed that it was from the different night.

Still, very nice!
He says "thank you, thank you Britain"
Post Posted Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm
Finaero

>.<

Man, that makes so much more sense, now that I think about it. Cheers, man.

Also, just noticed that the previous videos seem to have footage from the second night, not the first one (which is the one featured in the radio broadcast and the audience recording). Bah, so confusing to me. :P
Post Posted Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:43 pm
daz

Finaero wrote:>.<

Man, that makes so much more sense, now that I think about it. Cheers, man.

Also, just noticed that the previous videos seem to have footage from the second night, not the first one (which is the one featured in the radio broadcast and the audience recording). Bah, so confusing to me. :P
Agreed. I'd say that new footage is Sunday night. Look at the water streaming off the glitter ball at the start of RV4.
I'd love to have the time to get ALL this footage together and do a fan release of DD. I'd love to get a source recording of the whole show. Equinoxes, Ethnicolor and such, love to hear them. I'm curious as to what instrument he used in these tracks
Post Posted Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:02 pm
rinogurr

Likes received  : 47

I think that's it:

Saturday 8 October 1988:

Sunday 9 October 1988:

• 2020 Zoolook.nl