Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

WHY does this infringe copyrights??

Post Posted Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:12 pm
matt222

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 4

I recently completed a ( new ) complete Industrial Revolution Cover and as normal, posted it onto Soundcloud

It keeps getting removed based on copyright reasons that it ''might contain Industrial Revolution Part 2 which is the property of Sony Music''

Odd thing is, may cover of Part 2 in isolation is also there but that's not been removed??

Any ideas why this could be??

And what is the most popular/best site these days for sharing?

Anyway, here is as far as I can possibly go with improving the track - perhaps I got to the point where they can't distinguish between the original??
http://www.mediafire.com/file/6gvcpm541 ... 3.wav/file
Post Posted Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:21 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

Your covers are probably so good that the algorithm thinks it's the original :-D
Post Posted Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:32 pm
matt222

Dr_Jones wrote:Your covers are probably so good that the algorithm thinks it's the original :-D
Blimey...I was only kidding about that!!
Post Posted Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:36 am
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Hmm, that's the first time I've heard of such copyright algorithms on SoundCloud. :?

I wonder if it just affects newly published tracks, the cover/replica Depeche Mode artist Modular State might get into trouble in the future (or might have already gotten into trouble, no idea)... or maybe that's why he's switched to releasing own tracks lately.

As for the new version - excellent! Loving the wobbly Part II bass being there as well. 8)
Post Posted Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:46 pm
matt222

As for the new version - excellent! Loving the wobbly Part II bass being there as well. 8)[/quote]

Thanks my friend! An extremely difficult track to mix correctly and an extremely difficult sequence to learn to play!!
Post Posted Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:46 pm
Jote

Likes given: 55
Likes received  : 68

YouTube flags pretty much all my covers, I also get perfect Shazams on two of my latest covers from Electronica (not released yet), but not on Stardust.
Post Posted Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:13 pm
matt222

Jote wrote:YouTube flags pretty much all my covers, I also get perfect Shazams on two of my latest covers from Electronica (not released yet), but not on Stardust.
Is there any way around it?
Post Posted Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:59 pm
Jote

Likes given: 55
Likes received  : 68

matt222 wrote:
Jote wrote:YouTube flags pretty much all my covers, I also get perfect Shazams on two of my latest covers from Electronica (not released yet), but not on Stardust.
Is there any way around it?
Make worse covers :>

• 2020 Zoolook.nl