Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Les Granges Brulées Deluxe Edition

Post Posted Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:51 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

No, only Frech, sadly.
Post Posted Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:53 pm
Jote

Likes given: 55
Likes received  : 68

I once found Les Granges Brûlées on a torrent. Accompanied by a single .srt file. The subtitles were in... Bulgarian. Which was funny because 1. it's a very niche language; 2. it's a language I happen to know
Post Posted Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:17 am
Synner

Likes given: 3
Likes received  : 8

Dang it. I do have a ropey version of the movie I found online years ago, which does have English subs, so I’ll have to stick with that.
Post Posted Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:17 pm
Dr_Jones

A friend of mine and zoolook.nl veteran La Cage found an english subtitle file. He synced it with his Les Granges Brulees video and sent me a copy of the srt file. I tested it with the 2021 remaster and it was half a second out of sync so I synced it with this release.

So here it is:
lgb.zip
(21.97 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
I've tested it with VLC, but VLC and DVDs + subtitles is a bit buggy. I got it working after ripping the DVD to mpeg and converting the srt file from UTF8 to ISO-8859-15.
I didn't test it with the bluray since my laptop doesn't recognize blurays for some reason, I have to get that working first.
Post Posted Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:58 pm
SF01

Likes received  : 2

Keep in mind the DVD is 25fps and the BD is 24, so the DVD runs a little bit faster, so the subtitle would have to be synched separately for those 2 discs.
Post Posted Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:11 am
Dr_Jones

Yeah, I'm aware of that. I thought I do the easy things first
Post Posted Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:36 pm
Dr_Jones

I've finally managed to play the Blu Ray on my Linux computer (by ripping it, it turns out it's impossible to play Blu Rays legally on Linux :evil: ), so I could experiment with the DVD srt file.

I've recalculated the times and I think the srt file is pretty good now:
lgb_br.zip
(24.15 KiB) Downloaded 363 times
Post Posted Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:26 pm
SF01

Dr_Jones wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:36 pm I've finally managed to play the Blu Ray on my Linux computer (by ripping it, it turns out it's impossible to play Blu Rays legally on Linux :evil: ), so I could experiment with the DVD srt file.

I've recalculated the times and I think the srt file is pretty good now:

lgb_br.zip
Because Linux is free and open source and to play BD there is a license that needs to be paid, so neither free, nor open source. But ripping is free.
Post Posted Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:16 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

I think I've actually put a Blu-Ray disc into a BR player and watched something that way at least twice... every other instance when I've gotten a BR disc, it's been straight off to MakeMKV after that ;)
Post Posted Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:44 pm
SF01

Finaero wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:16 pm I think I've actually put a Blu-Ray disc into a BR player and watched something that way at least twice... every other instance when I've gotten a BR disc, it's been straight off to MakeMKV after that ;)
The only BD player I have is PS3 and I don't have HDTV, where I have PS, so only good old analog, to watch on PC I had to install some obscure library for VLC to be able to play discs, then they have to be copied as to SSD co that I can rip the audi ofrom concerts, as DVD-AE can't open AACS BDs...
Post Posted Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:43 am
Dr_Jones

At the end of July the movie will get a DVD and a BR release in Germany:
https://www.amazon.de/L%C3%B6win-J%C3%A ... 092PG7NX1/

I don't know if it'll be dubbed or subtitled.
Post Posted Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:50 pm
rinogurr

Likes received  : 47

The Cohen Media Group will add to its Blu-ray catalog Jean Chapot's The Burned Barns a.k.a. Les granges brûlées (1973), starring Alain Delon, Simone Signoret, Paul Crauchet, Bernard Le Coq, and Christian Barbier. The release is scheduled to arrive on the market on August 23.

Two titans of French Cinema are brought together for this crime drama set in the snow-covered French countryside on the border with Switzerland. The body of a young woman is found savagely murdered near the isolated Burned Barns farm run by Rose (Oscar®-winner Simone Signoret) and her family. The police work begins and the investigating judge, Pierre Larcher (Alain Delon), soon comes to suspect that Rose's family, and in particular her sons, may have played a role. Signoret and Delon are outstanding as two forces playing a game of wits with profound consequences. Featuring a stunning soundtrack by electronic music pioneer Jean-Michel Jarre.

Special Features and Technical Specs:
- NEW 4K RESTORATION OF THE FILM
- Interview with crew (26 min.)
- Trailers

Source: https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=30813& ... 9gbaWjjxDI

• 2020 Zoolook.nl