Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Oxygene 4 Lead on 2600

Post Posted Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:58 am
Wax Mango

Likes received  : 10

Hello all - since getting my Behringer 2600 I wanted to try to recreate the Oxygene 4 lead following the instructions given by Geiss during an interview...so here you are - I think pretty accurate! They're MP3 samples, ready to drag in to your sampler.
Attachments
O4 Lead MP3.zip
Oxygene 4 lead samples
(294.01 KiB) Downloaded 403 times
Post Posted Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:41 pm
Jote

Online Now
Likes given: 55
Likes received  : 68

Way too much detune methinks
Post Posted Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:24 pm
Blatman

Likes given: 46
Likes received  : 25

Can you give us more details about what Geiss said about this sound ?
Post Posted Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:41 pm
Wax Mango

He actually said very little other than to confirm that the lead originated on the ARP2600, all oscillators were square and there was a bit of ADSR on the filter to shape the sound. OSC3 takes the pulse wave into the filter, bypassing the normalled saw.

I think it sounds pretty spot on. There shouldn't be any detune as all oscillators were tuned in unison.
Post Posted Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:49 am
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Always preferred the PLD version of the lead ;)

Thanks for the samples! I do prefer this to the "Oxygene IV" lead in Arturia's SEM V (for example), that's more fitting for Oxygene 8 IMO
Post Posted Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:32 am
leeswindon

Likes given: 1

Wax Mango wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:58 am Hello all - since getting my Behringer 2600 I wanted to try to recreate the Oxygene 4 lead following the instructions given by Geiss during an interview...so here you are - I think pretty accurate! They're MP3 samples, ready to drag in to your sampler.
I just got a Behringer 2600 myself yesterday and was trying to recreate this sound - you got way closer than I did!

Is there any chance you could post a photo of the settings on your 2600 for this sound?
Post Posted Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:17 pm
Wax Mango

Patch photo, as requested!
Attachments
O4.jpg
Oxygene 4 lead on 2600
Post Posted Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:41 pm
leeswindon

Likes given: 1

Wax Mango wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:17 pm Patch photo, as requested!
Ah, that's great - thank you my friend!

PS - Awesome looking setup!
Post Posted Thu May 13, 2021 4:34 pm
Analog-Umph

Likes given: 3
Likes received  : 1

Jote wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:41 pm Way too much detune methinks
Yes too much detune and too little sustain. Change them and you should be much closer to the album original. :D
Without faith nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible.
Post Posted Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:55 pm
juanito

Likes received  : 2

Hi the community,

Well i'm working around this famous lead with the 2600V and have to confess as simple as it may seem, this lead is a little tricky.
I read and heard that this lead has been patched by M. Geiss on a ARP2600 with 4012 Moog filter. Well!
Two way are described in lot of forums. One way says the patch has been done with a simple saw OSC (with ENV settings...) and the second way with 3 PW (1 main & 2 light detuned) and then using Filter Req & Resonance to get this texture...

I heard a lot of very nice covers but no one who gets this famous lead closer as original one.

So what's your opinion? Does any one a suggestion for these settings? I'm ready to share my ARP2600V setting.

Thanks for your answers!
Post Posted Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:24 pm
Pando

Likes given: 5
Likes received  : 8

juanito wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:55 pm I heard a lot of very nice covers but no one who gets this famous lead closer as original one.
It's not a very complicated sound to recreate, but it's hard to judge and compare without the rest of the instruments and effects playing, since sounds tend to sound very different when played dry.

This guy got it pretty close, it's almost identical to the original (skip to 19:00):

https://soundcloud.com/rodolfo-leccese/ ... full-album

And so are the rest of the sounds in this whole album he recreated.

He did Equinoxe also:
https://soundcloud.com/rodolfo-leccese/ ... full-album

He recreated every nuance, blip and bloop. Mad skills right there.
Post Posted Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:07 pm
juanito

Likes received  : 2

Hi,
Thanks for these links! What an amazing work around both covers! Amazing closer from original one.
Curious to know witch instrument Rodolfo used specially to replace RMI Synths. We note the Eminent of course and the famous flanged lead on O4! And so closer bass sequence on O5.

Nice covers.

That's my first attemp on ARP2600V for the o4 Lead: https://we.tl/t-uqGpTj1ME1

Opinions are welcome!

• 2020 Zoolook.nl