Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Oxymore album, october 21 2022

Post Posted Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:05 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 84
Likes received  : 155

The video is now viewable:
viewtopic.php?p=210084#p210084
Post Posted Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:34 pm
nexxxus

Likes given: 30
Likes received  : 8

So I listen "Brutalism" on TIDAL now... Stereo version I suppose

to continue about albums without parts 1, 2, etc.. : "Sessions 2000", "Les Granges Brûlées"
Post Posted Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:44 pm
Jote

Likes given: 33
Likes received  : 51

nexxxus wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:34 pm So I listen "Brutalism" on TIDAL now... Stereo version I suppose
Seems to be mixed differently (at least the whoosh on the beginning, can't be arsed to pull out headphones now and check it thoroughly) so it might be regular stereo which I'd be more than happy with, as I can't stand that binaural gimmick
Post Posted Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:42 am
Jote

I'm really surprised there's no "deluxe box" this time (unless they JPC leak is incomplete), as that's what makes profits these days (at least it used to).
Post Posted Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:26 am
Dr_Jones

Yeah, I was hoping for that too. Especially with the whole Oxyville that's been made, that could make a nice picture book or DVD video.
[edit] looking at the rendering of the LP, it looks like there's a picture book available
lp-03.jpg
Post Posted Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:41 am
Dr_Jones

The official website has been updated with Oxymore details:
https://jeanmicheljarre.com/

CD Album
+ access to binaural version
+ 32 page booklet

Vinyl Album
+ access to binaural version
+ 2 x 180g vinyl
+ 32 page booklet

Oxymore - trailer #1

A 32 page booklet... I guess the render is a bit too optimistic :-D
Post Posted Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:05 am
Dr_Jones

Brutalism official videoclip
Post Posted Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:47 am
Richard-Eastham

Likes given: 57

Jote wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:44 pm
Richard-Eastham wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:45 pm Metamorphoses had no Part 1 and 2!
Although there was supposed to be a "C'est la vie 2"
Oooh! Really? That sounds like it could have been good!
--
01.09.93 Manchester / 07.06.97 Manchester / 30.03.08 London / 22.05.09 London / 10.10.10 London / 01.07.11 Monaco / 04.05.16 London / 23.07.16 Macclesfield / 06.10.16 Brighton / 07.10.16 London.
Post Posted Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:48 am
Jote

viewtopic.php?p=209912#p209912

Turns out I was 100% right about my doubts with regards to the odd slicing per SACEM records. The final tracklist shows that track 4 is indeed 6 minutes instead of 7:18, and track 5 is 5:45 instead of 4:26.

1. AGORA (01:34)
2. OXYMORE (04:46)
3. NEON LIPS (04:27)
4. SONIC LAND (06:01)
5. ANIMAL GENESIS (05:46)
6. SYNTHY SISTERS (03:20)
7. SEX IN THE MACHINE (05:45)
8. ZEITGEIST (03:11)
9. CRYSTAL GARDEN (04:09)
10. BRUTALISM (04:41)
11. EPICA (05:25)

Track 8 got shortened from 3:51 to 3:11 (40 seconds less), but track 9 got lengthened by 46 - went from 3:23 to 4:09.

Total duration is now at 49:05 (the concert was 48:49).

I fear that the extra seconds 16 seconds might simply account for fade-outs (if you look at the table below you'll see that most tracks gained an extra second or two of duration) and the tracks are no longer interconnected. The change from "Mouvement X" to proper names could indicate that.
rec vs sacem vs album.png
Post Posted Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:50 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 22
Likes received  : 54

Jean-Michel Jarre reveals video for "heavy" new single Brutalism

“That’s definitely a heavier track,” explains Jarre, who celebrated his 74th birthday earlier this week. "I wanted to create an apocalyptic mood. Like a kind of big bang of Berlin techno, at the beginning when it was an explosion, that kind of feel, maybe due to the remains of the war.

Source: https://www.loudersound.com/news/jean-m ... mbKrpZsVWM
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:06 pm
Dr_Jones

BRUTALISM the first single of OXYMORE is out now.
You can Pre-Order OXYMORE from now on. The full album will be out 21.10.22 as CD/VINYL with codes to access the HQ Version of the binaural album. The digital will be released as stereo, Binaural and Dolby Atmos.

OXYMORE’ is an homage to the late French composer Pierre Henry, with whom I had been intending on collaborating for ‘Electronica’. For those who are not aware: Henry was an iconic figure in electronic and classical music. Since his death in 2017, his widow provided me with some stems of material which had been intended for use for this collaboration.
Pierre’s work inspired me for Oxymore and working around his soundbites led me down a creative path that I may not have taken otherwise. I chose some of his sounds precisely from one track to another.

Oxymore is also a tribute to the French way of approaching modern music, which definitely influenced the future of electronic music worldwide.
Post Posted Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:13 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 22
Likes received  : 54

“BRUTALISM , the new single from electronic music pioneer JEAN-MICHEL JARRE, is released digitally today, the first track from “ OXYMORE ”, his 22nd studio album to be released on October 21st (Sony Music).
The album, one of his most ambitious projects, is already available for pre-order and will be released in CD, double vinyl and digital stereo, binaural audio and Dolby Atmos formats. The physical version will be accompanied by a code to access the highest quality binaural master , as devised by Jean-Michel Jarre during the production of the album.
“BRUTALISM” is a particularly intense and overwhelming techno song, perfect for the atmosphere of Berghain, the iconic Berlin club temple of electronic music.
« It is definitely a strong song - explains Jarre - I wanted to create an apocalyptic atmosphere, as if it were a kind of big bang of early Berlin techno, when it exploded. I wanted to create that kind of feeling, perhaps due to the remnants of the war ».
“OXYMORE” is a tribute to the French composer Pierre Henry , who passed away a few years ago, with whom Jarre wanted to collaborate on “ Electronica ”, the album that was nominated for a GRAMMY . Henry was an iconic figure in electronic and classical music, as well as one of Jarre's mentors at the Groupe de Recherche Musical (GRM), where he studied. After his death in 2017, Henry's widow provided Jarre with some drafts of the materials intended for this collaboration.
“OXYMORE” is a musical journey in which Pierre Henry's atmospheres interact with Jarre's world, between analog and digital sounds.
The project is inspired by the French movement “ Musique Concrete ” , a genre of musical composition that uses recorded sounds as raw material. The movement was first developed in the 1940s and revolutionized the way music is made. With “ OXYMORE”, Jarre takes up this concept and reinvents it with the tools of today.
The album was conceived as an immersive work in one of the symbolic places of the “Musique Concrete” , that is the innovation studios of Radio France (where Jarre began his experimentation activity) in a multi-channel and 3D binaural version. Multichannel binaural sound will revolutionize the way music is composed, mixed and produced, placing sounds in 360-degree space, and can be easily experienced by anyone via a pair of headphones. “ OXYMORE ” represents the first commercial publication in which the future of audio and musical sound is realized in a way never seen before.
“ This is the real breakthrough time for audio and sound recording. “OXYMORE” is an attempt to illustrate and explore these new ways of linking technology and music. Today we have technologies that allow us to explore spatial audio composition and this represents a completely new experience for us musicians during the creative process. It offers the listener the experience of a more physical and natural way of hearing sound and music. In real life our sound perception is at 360 degrees - says Jarre - “OXYMORE” was composed specifically with the experience with spatial audio in mind. The stereo mix is ​​also wider and has gained even more space in the process.I am convinced that this is how music will be composed and produced in the future. The emotion for the listener is a huge leap in level, like when we went from mono to stereo ".
Each single extracted from the album will be accompanied by remixes or reworkings by different artists and producers . “ BRUTALISM” will be reworked in collaboration wth Martin Gore and Deathpact and both versions will be released later this year.
The project also includes the launch of “OXYVILLE”, a VR world that will accompany the release of the album and where Jarre and his personalized avatar will perform the album live in virtual realty. «“ OXYVILLE” will be a virtual city of music and in the future I would like to invite other artists to be part of it, as well as holding master classes and other events. I would also like it to become a “sandbox” for new musical experiences »explains the artist, who is no stranger to pushing boundaries when it comes to VR and the metaverse, as demonstrated by the recent“ Welcome To the Other Side ” event .
The 360-degree spatial audio of " OXYMORE" has already been experienced in a live concert, where the album had its world premiere during the Hyper Weekend Festival , within the walls of the Maison de la Radio in Paris in January of this year. The concert was seen not only by the 300 people present in the hall, but also by 1,000 people connected live on social VR. Critics welcomed the event very positively, which they defined as one of the most innovative musical performances in VR. Kent Bye talked about it in the “ Voices of VR ” podcast stating that " Oxymore is probably about 4-5 years ahead of [the metaverse] Meta (Facebook) is thinking about ."
Jean-Michel Jarre has always been a pioneer in his field. Throughout his illustrious career, the composer, performer, producer and cultural ambassador has continued to discover new horizons with his music and mastery of creative innovation. From its pioneering role in electronic music, from its use of multi-channel audio technology and production, to its recent explorations into the realms of VR performance and the metaverse, technology is at the forefront of everything it does. In this regard, the artist said: « Today is the most exciting time to create, make music and share through so many media».
Jarre is UNESCO Ambassador for Education, Science and Culture, unconditional defender of the planet and the environment, and winner of the Stephen Hawking Medal for Scientific Communication.
Jean-Michel Jarre's current catalog, which includes 21 albums, has sold over 85 million copies worldwide and earned him countless awards and nominations. Over the course of his career, Jarre has created his performances from some of the world's most iconic monuments and sites, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, to spread his creative, cultural and environmental message by him. He has also established new Guinness World Records for public participation in concerts in several emblematic locations. He was the first Western musician to be invited to perform in China and he also created and performed concert-events at the Great Pyramids in Egypt, in the Sahara Desert, in the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square, at the Houston skyline, in the Eiffel Tower, in the Dead Sea, in Al-'Ula and more.He has always sold out in arenas and stadiums on all continents, as well as performing at major festivals, including Coachella.Welcome To The Other Side ”, an innovative livestream broadcast all over the world from a virtual Notre Dame (Paris).

Source: https://www.politicamentecorretto.com/2 ... 1-ottobre/
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:36 pm
Jote

Good to know that the DEFAULT format will be classic STEREO, and that gimmicky binaural will be just a bonus download.
Post Posted Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:52 pm
Richard-Eastham

Likes given: 57

Kanta wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:13 pm “ BRUTALISM” will be reworked in collaboration wth Martin Gore and Deathpact and both versions will be released later this year.
Wow! A Depeche Mode collaboration :D
--
01.09.93 Manchester / 07.06.97 Manchester / 30.03.08 London / 22.05.09 London / 10.10.10 London / 01.07.11 Monaco / 04.05.16 London / 23.07.16 Macclesfield / 06.10.16 Brighton / 07.10.16 London.
Post Posted Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:37 pm
Dr_Jones

Oh wow, I didn't even notice that, that's pretty huge news!

• 2020 Zoolook.nl