Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Remanences (Calypso 2 edit for a water company)

Post Posted Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:11 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Was reminded of this thing recently - what was the deal with this edit of Calypso 2 made for some water company around 1992-1994 or so?

Namely, I found an mp3 titled "Remanence" from my old backups, which basically sounds like a high-quality edit of Calypso 2 possibly made by a fan off the WFC CD, but without the "looped bit fade-out" effect as in the YouTube version (which also sounds like a low-quality recording).

So the question is, is the audio in the YouTube video what was on the special "Remanences" release (the audio in the YT one doesn't sound like CD quality at all), or is that just another edit based on the original? ;)
Post Posted Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:18 pm
Dr_Jones

Online Now
Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

I think the one on youtube comes from the Rarities 3 release. And I'm pretty sure the source of the track was Nathalie Gallois who got a copy of the track on tape from the water company, hence the poor quality.
Post Posted Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:28 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Thanks! Yeah, that makes sense - I sort of vaguely remember seeing a CD cover for Remanences as well, but looking at jarre.ch I must've confused it with the separate Air France promo disc instead.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl