Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

In memoriam GeeJee

Post Posted Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:31 am
Beatle
Administrator

On Friday, May 26, 2023, GeeJee passed away at the age of thirty-seven. He saw no other way out for himself.

GeeJee was a talented organist and keyboardist. Music was his great passion.

We found each other through our common interest in the music of JMJ. It has brought us beautiful things as friends, and it has brought countless beautiful and special memories.

At the beginning of 2006 GeeJee produced the idea of setting up a website with a forum. Zoolook.nl was born. GeeJee has put a lot of energy into making the forum a success. He enjoyed this a lot. Many of you have had digital conversations with him and will have memories of this.

Together, we visited Paris multiple times, the city he loved so much. We attended several concerts. We had the opportunity to interview Francis Rimbert, Patrick Rondat, and Claude Samard, and even meet JMJ in Amsterdam.

But GeeJee had many more talents, he had a sharp mind, a wonderful sense of humour, was creative and loved to play with language, often through strong puns.

How I will miss him and what an empty place it will be on the forum…

In any case, let us continue one of his life's works as a tribute to a wonderful person.

Beatle
Post Posted Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:02 am
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

It came as a shock to hear about his passing. And such a young age too. I remember him well, as a pleasant poster here on this forum. In a way, without knowing or realizing himself, he's been an important person for at least me and probably more people here.

Thank you for posting this and bringing it to our attention ;-( He will be missed.
Post Posted Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:31 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Totally unexpected - RIP GeeJee
Post Posted Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:47 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

RIP GeeJee/Gert 😢
So proud to know you and will miss you here and on Facebook. You were so young. Thank you for the precious memories.
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:17 pm
Pat Gleeson

Likes given: 303
Likes received  : 16

I'm so sorry to hear this terrible news. Rest In Peace GeeGee :-(
Post Posted Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:46 pm
melo

Likes received  : 1

GeeJee helped build a strong community of fans around the world. We will miss him very much. Condolences to the Brazilian community, Jarrefan-Brazil !!!
Post Posted Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:33 pm
luckybleeder

Likes given: 5
Likes received  : 1

So very sorry to hear about this. I often saw his input on this forum & know he will be missed. Sending condolences to his friends & family
Post Posted Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:59 am
Adam

Likes given: 9
Likes received  : 6

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news, RIP GeeJee & thank you for creating this wonderful community
Post Posted Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:28 am
mathetes1963

Likes given: 3

Hello everyone, Roger here. It's been a long time since I've visited this forum. I wish the circumstances were happier.

I've known Gert Ronner since joining this forum in 2007/8. We became fast friends, and in time I came to think of him as almost a little brother, being 23 years my junior. We shared many conversations over the years about topics of mutual interest (electronic music, the organ, etc). He also shared with both me and my wife something of the struggles he was going through. Gert loved the Lord, and we often encouraged each other in prayer. When he seemed to be doing better, we had talked on numerous occasions about collaborating on a project together; he would provide the music, and I the narration. This of course never came to pass. Gert was a brilliant, talented, tender hearted young man who didn't deserve the hand life dealt him. He was someone I was proud to call one of my first (maybe *the* first) online friends. We never had the opportunity to meet face-to-face, but our friendship was genuine. What hurts most of all is that when I received the news that he had left us, I had been thinking of him, and had intended to set aside time to catch up and see how he was faring. I can't quite shake the feeling that I let him down when he most needed a friend... I hope and believe that he is with God now, and his soul is at peace.

Farewell Gert, my dear friend. We are the better for having known you, and your memory shall be a blessing.
-Roger
Post Posted Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:36 am
plate of chips

Likes received  : 21

Beatle wrote:
> On Friday, May 26, 2023, GeeJee passed away at the age of thirty-seven. He
> saw no other way out for himself.
>

This is so painful GeeJee took his own life.
I nearly did so myself.
Post Posted Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:38 am
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

GeeJee was very talented. Here is a wonderful interview he gave many many years ago: https://jmjarrefan.wordpress.com/2009/1 ... therlands/
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:09 pm
Nico_Noyau
Assistant Admin & Bootleg Expert

Gert, my friend, I already miss you so much. I have known you for almost 20 years.
We shared so much things together, from Paris to your flat in Holland, built the roots of this forum, and of a huge website about JMJ we eventually never released, composed of exclusive interviews.

Amongst Millions of Stars, Shine On!
We had long talks about life, composed music,
Image Image
My music, webdev, photos, videos : www.nicolaskern.fr
Robert Dugenou

Attended :
Teo&Tea showcase in Cannes [France] - 20/05/2007
Théâtre Marigny, Paris [France] - 15/12/2007
<2010> Marseille [France] - 20/03/2010
Monaco - 01/07/2011
Arènes de Nîmes – 14/07/2016
Post Posted Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:36 pm
Richard-Eastham

Likes given: 160
Likes received  : 44

Very sad news. Condolences to his friends and family.
Post Posted Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:12 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 35

Oh man, what a shame and at such an age. Very thankful though that he'd made this community and brought many people together from various corners around the globe.
Thought of course go out to friends and remaining family. Don't know the circumstances of course, but hope he found his rest.
Post Posted Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:48 pm
jeanbatman

Likes given: 10
Likes received  : 15

That's very sad indeed. I interviewed him as Kanta mentionned it earlier, and it was a treat. He was nice person.
May he rest in peace.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl